Friday, July 28, 2017

WELCOME! 

Bleed The Ink is a post Shooting Stars Reviews will start doing weekly! 
What's Bleed The Ink? 

That is a good question!  Bleed The Ink will be a weekly post featured on Shooting Stars Reviews. This is where we get let it all hang out. 
You have something that you want to share feel free to comment! You have a topic you want to discuss go right ahead, this is the place to do it. 


Lately, I've been having an issue finding some good reads. I will find a few books that are awesome, and then realize that I have to wait for the rest of the series to be out. So, that sucks the fun and excitement out of it for now anyway. 

I've been into cozy mysteries, and some other types of mysteries as well. 
But I seem to be running out of good ones that I can find. I'm hoping to find more at the library later this weekend. 

On another note, I've been watching True Blood with the hubby. He's never seen it before, and I've only watched season 1 & 2, so it's nice to re-watch it, and to get to see the rest of it. So far the hubby loves the show, and we are enjoying it a whole lot. ;) 

This past Monday, I started watching Midnight Texas on T.V. It's the first show I will actually be watching weekly in a very long time. I'm looking forward to more of it, and I loved the start of it. 

Now, let's get on to the reason for this post, my recent pet peeve

I've read a lot of books, and a lot of romance books at that. And in most of these books there is always the female heroine who has a best friend that she lets dictate her relationship in some ways. For instance, in one book the lead heroine was nervous about the guy she was dating because of how it would look to other people, and so she talked to her best friend about it. And her best friend had a horrible reaction, saying it was a bad thing, and the wrong move. 

Now, I'm all for people having friends, but what I truly do not understand is WHY anyone would go to their best friend about their current relationship and it's problems. Why wouldn't they go to their current partner and talk to them about it instead? I mean it involves the main person (heroine) and their partner, so I don't get going to someone else for advice when they don't understand both parties thoughts and views on things. 

Does anyone else have this issue? Do women really do this in real life? 

I have to say I haven't ever really done this before, even as a teenager. I mean when I was a teen I did talk to my friends about my relationship, but I never let them tell me what I should and shouldn't do in that relationship. I never let their opinion matter when it came to me and the guy I was with. 
I guess in a lot of ways I feel like you just shouldn't talk about your issues with others, because it doesn't involve them. They aren't the one you are sleeping with, or dating, or living with, so it doesn't make sense to me to involve a third party, and not talk to the partner. 

That's all from me today, let me know what you think. 

by ShootingStars Reviews 9:45 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%