Thursday, June 15, 2017


Title: Better Read Than Dead
Series: Psychic Eye Myster #2
Author: Victoria Laurie
Rating: 

Word of Abby's talents reading tarot cards has reached a mob boss who wants her help in some business matters and he doesn't take no for an answer. When the police seek out her psychic intuition to shed light on a masked man who's been attacking women, Abby finds herself working both sides of the law on her own, leading her to wonder, why didn't I see this coming?

    

Abby is excited to see her boyfriend Dutch again when he comes back from training with the FBI. However, she has to help out a friend the night he comes back, and when Dutch introduces her to his partner things don't look so good. Especially when Dutch doesn't stand up for her, and makes her feel like the bad guy. So, Abby is left on her own to help out Milo with a rapist case, and the mob is hitting up Abby for her gifts. 

I thought this book was really good as well, and I enjoyed how Abby is evolving. However, I didn't like the issues she has with Dutch. To me they seem a little forced, but I also feel like these two hardly know each other, and it doesn't feel like much of a relationship. 

Other than that I liked how Abby is making her way in the world, and with the police although I was a little disappointed with some of the issues that happened with Milo as well. 

But, I'm super excited to read more in this series because Abby is majorly addicting. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 10:34 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%