Saturday, May 6, 2017


Title: Precursor
Series: The Suoja Guild #1
Author: A.J. Anders
Rating: 

In the war against demons, Evie’s father stands against all things supernatural, including the Surmata, a race of beings that want to coexist with humans while they wage their own war against the demonic race. Raised in the Resistance, Evie struggles to stay true to herself and not fall under her father’s brainwashing.
With everyone around her a possible spy for her father, Evie’s sole relief from camp life comes from her best friend Maximilian. When he introduces her to his friends outside of the Resistance, Evie discovers a whole new world and possibly a place to belong.
But forces inside the camp are determined to keep Evie in her place, even if it means destroying who she is.

Note: Previously published in the Falling for Them Anthology, now out of print.

    

Evie lives in a compound with several other people and her father. She has to endure monthly beatings that her father ordered because she doesn't agree with the training methods being used, all the while hiding it from her best friend, Max, who also has his share of secrets she must hide. 

As Evie tries to manage her life things get more complicated as she meets Max's friends, and as her father plots behind her back. With some new threats coming out of hiding things get out of hand for Evie, and something awful happens. 

This book ends on a major cliffhanger in my opinion! It was beyond frustrating because I didn't have the next book. 

But, besides that, I thought the book was actually very good, if a little too short. I enjoyed Evie, and how she handled everything. And I liked the side characters as well. Even though I wish things had been elaborated a bit more between even and her friends, and I was a little bit annoyed with the whole "human forbidden" thing that doesn't make much sense to me. 

However, I really thought the book was enjoyable, and I liked! Now, I can't wait to read the next book! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 11:11 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%