Thursday, February 2, 2017

Title: Echoes of Silence
Series: Unquiet Mind #1
Author: Anne Malcom
Rating: 

People make love seem complicated. Intricate. Novels try to capture its intensity; music tries to rein in its soul.
I’ve read every novel I could. I’ve lived and breathed every song that I could listen to. The sounds fill my unquiet mind.
Then he came.
Killian.
He brought with him the beauty of silence that echoes through my soul and showed me love isn’t complicated. It’s simple. Beautiful.
Some say love at first sight doesn’t exist, that you can’t find your soul mate at sixteen years old. Those are people rooted in reality, chained to the confines of life that dictates how you are meant to think. Killian broke those chains. He broke everything, shattered it so I can see that reality is overrated, that daydreams can somehow come to life.
My life tumbled into darkness in the time after I met him, so dark I’m not sure I’ll ever see the light again. But he is always at my side. His life means he knows how to navigate the dark and he can lead me out.
I wade through the darkness with him at my side.
We’ll be together forever; I’m certain of that.
Until I’m not.


Note: This is book one of two. Killian and Lexie's story does not end here and will be continued in a following book.

    

This story begins with the readers getting to basically read Out of the Ashes, but in Lexie's point of view. There were a lot of things we missed since we weren't in her point of view, and while it was great to read it, it wasn't nearly as good as Out of the Ashes. 

Lexie and Killian are two people who end up meeting through school, and circumstances. Somehow they can't stay away, an when Lexie's mom leads them to become even closer, things get even more crazy for Lexie. However, Lexie is also a great singer, and she's making a band, and thinking of making something of herself, and Killian knows he's going to be a part of the club once he turns eighteen. These two are in love, but will that be enough to keep them together?

This book was enjoyable, and I did like it, but it wasn't great. I had a hard time liking this version of Lexie. Although, I liked how care free she was for the most part, and I enjoyed her and Killian together. 

I did however, hate the end, and the fact that it was a cliffhanger, but I look forward to more. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 6:28 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%