Saturday, February 4, 2017


Title: Dauntless
Series: Sons of Templar MC #5
Author: Anne Malcom
Rating: 

This isn’t a fairy tale. I’ll save you the trouble by telling you that now.

This is the tale of a girl who spent her life bouncing around foster homes, who had her innocence stolen in the darkness before she knew it was something that could be lost. Her demons followed her everywhere, after that night. They chased her to the medical school she dropped out of, to the strip club she sold herself in, and finally caught her in a river of sin where they tried to drown her.

My name is Bex and this is my story.

I’m paddling, barely keeping my head above water. And even though I’m submerged, I’ll never be clean. The layer of dirt that has clung to me since birth is a tattoo I’ll wear for life.
He can’t see it, though.
Even when I’m torn and tattered, and left in pieces, he wades into the filth to try to put those pieces back together.
He doesn’t seem to understand there’s nothing left to repair. To love. Just sullied fragments of a damned soul.
He’s willing to damn himself in order to exact revenge on those who sent me to the pit.
Problem is, my name is at the top of that list, since I not only damned my own soul, but his too.

*Contains dark subject matter and potential triggers
**Can be read as a standalone

    

This story begins where the previous book ended, but then it switches to the past pretty quickly. It starts out how Lucky, and Bex met, and then how they got together, yet weren't together. It was really drawn out, and I honestly, hated Bex during this time. I thought she was a complete biotch, and it annoyed the crap out of me. 

Other than that the story got a lot better around halfway through it, and I felt sorry for Bex. And I hated how she was basically the same, but worse, and then Lucky completely changed, and I hated that for him. 

To be honest, this book is seriously sad. I mean the majority of the book you will most likely feel depressed, but you aren't going to want to stop reading it until you figure out what happens to Bex and Lucky. 

I will say there were a lot of things that made me like Bex, but that didn't happen till the end. And I totally started to love her, and Lucky together. They made a great team and I really enjoyed it. I also ended up thinking the whole book was good, and I loved the ending as well. 

Now, I'm looking forward to more in this series! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 8:49 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%