Tuesday, January 31, 2017


Title: Own The Wind
Series: Chaos #1
Author: Kristen Ashley
Rating: 

Too hot to handle...

Tabitha Allen grew up in the thick of Chaos—the Chaos Motorcycle Club, that is. Her father is Chaos' leader, and the club has always had her back. But one rider was different from the start. When Tabby was running wild, Shy Cage was there. When tragedy tore her life apart, he helped her piece it back together. And now, Tabby's thinking about much more than friendship...

Tabby is everything Shy's ever wanted, but everything he thinks he can't have. She's beautiful, smart, and as his friend's daughter, untouchable. Shy never expected more than friendship, so when Tabby indicates she wants more—much morehe feels like the luckiest man alive. But even lucky men can crash and burn...

    

I don't really like this one. I've re-read it, and it's just not for me. I hated the way Shy acted, and I truly despised the fact that he had Rosalie. And the fact that that sort of comes into play later in the series. It seriously pisses me off. 

This book starts out with Shy hurting Tabby, and it really changes things, and leads Tabby on a path to a different guy. 
But some really sad things happen, and Tabby runs to Shy for help. I really did like this part of the book, they formed a really good friendship, and I was so happy their relationship took this turn after such a horrible start when Shy had hurt Tabby. Although one point in their friendship I really wanted to ring Shy's neck, I couldn't believe he does that to Tabby and to the Rosalie. It just wasn't very nice on his part, and it didn't make a lot of sense to me. 
Through this series you get to more from the old Dream Man Series gang, like Hawk, Brock, Mitch, Elvira, and Lee Nightingale from the Rock Chick Series. I really enjoyed getting to see how they were doing, and all the drama going on that involved them. And the part where Tabby and her dad have a talk is seriously awesome, I loved seeing Tack being a good dad! He rocks! :) 
Some things that happened between Tabby and Shy really bugged me. Like one instance when Tabby gets upset with Shy about the guy at work, I was kind of frustrated with Tabby because she grew up with the club, so I really believed that shouldn't have bothered her like it did. I mean she did get her head together, but it still bothered me. 
Tabby and Shy are not my favorite couple obviously. I did read more about the next Chaos novel, and I'm actually excited about it. I really am starting to like Hop and Lanie, so I can not wait for that book to come out. And the more I see of  Rush the more I really like him. I can't wait to read his story. 
Overall I didn't like this one at all. I can't stand Shy, and I hated how Tabby acted like a spoiled brat at times. 
by Whitney Martin 9:19 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%