Sunday, January 1, 2017


Title: The Goal
Series: Off-Campus #4
Author: Elle Kennedy
Rating: 

She’s good at achieving her goals…

College senior Sabrina James has her whole future planned out: graduate from college, kick butt in law school, and land a high-paying job at a cutthroat firm. Her path to escaping her shameful past certainly doesn’t include a gorgeous hockey player who believes in love at first sight. One night of sizzling heat and surprising tenderness is all she’s willing to give John Tucker, but sometimes, one night is all it takes for your entire life to change.

But the game just got a whole lot more complicated

Tucker believes being a team player is as important as being the star. On the ice, he’s fine staying out of the spotlight, but when it comes to becoming a daddy at the age of twenty-two, he refuses to be a bench warmer. It doesn’t hurt that the soon-to-be mother of his child is beautiful, whip-smart, and keeps him on his toes. The problem is, Sabrina’s heart is locked up tight, and the fiery brunette is too stubborn to accept his help. If he wants a life with the woman of his dreams, he’ll have to convince her that some goals can only be made with an assist.

    

The Goal begins when Sabrina and Tucker end up having one night together. However, Tucker wants more even if Sabrina is saying no. But, somehow he ends up talking her into it. Things start to get more complicated the more time they spend together though. And when a huge surprise happens things get even worse for both of them. 

This book was probably the worst of the series for me. I really didn't like it, it just wasn't for me. 

I couldn't connect to the heroine at all. I felt she was a selfish witch while trying to act like she was selfless. I truly hated her, and that's saying a lot. 

Other than that I was a little bit annoyed with how the plot worked as well. And the only character I really liked was Tucker. I thought he was awesome, and totally deserved better than Sabrina! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 9:56 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I struggled with this book as well! I HATED Sabrina. Ugh, she was infuriating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, I totally agree! She drove me nuts, and I was so disappointed since this is the first book of this authors that I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%