Friday, January 27, 2017


Title: When the Dead Come A Knockin'
Series: The Veil Diaries #2
Author: B.L. Brunnemer
Rating: 

My name is Alexis Delaney, and I’m your average 17-year-old girl. Except I’m a Necromancer. Which means I can see the dead, talk to them and help them move on. Well, I used to be able to. Someone as sealed the Veil. Now the dead are stuck here. And with the extra energy floating around town, the ghosts are getting stronger. 

It’s been two months since I came to Spring Mountain to live with Uncle Rory. And the guys, my five best friends, have done everything they can to help since. Things for once were almost normal, my issues with the dead had become routine. Until they all found girlfriends. Now I’m back to hiding everything again. With ghosts leaving their haunting grounds at will, new people asking questions and trying to build my link to the Veil, I don’t know how the hell I’m going to pull this one off. But it can’t get that bad, right?

    

This is the second book in the series, and while it wasn't as good as the first one, it was still really good. 
This one starts out with Lexie trying her hardest to get the Veil back open, and she's having more problems with ghost getting angry than she has before. On top of that, the guys all have girlfriends, and some of them aren't so great, and then there's the issues with Dylan. 

She's not sure what is going to happen next, and when more problems happen with the veil and ghosts she's just totally lost and confused. But, her guys won't give up on her no matter what. 

This was a really good story. It had a great plot line, and although I really kind of hated the fact that the guys had other girlfriends, I was a little happy with what happened in the end. I just wish there had been more of a conclusion with the Veil instead of waiting on it to happen in the next book. 

However, I'm super excited to see what happens next! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 3:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%