Monday, December 12, 2016


Title: Trying To Live With The Dead
Series: The Veil Diaries #1
Author: B.L. Brunnemer
Rating: 

Hi, I’m Alexis Delaney. I’m your average 17 year old girl. Except I can see the dead. And talk to the dead. And push them away and, well, help them move on. So..okay, I’m not your average 17 year old girl. For years I’ve been struggling to survive the souls still roaming around. The shitheads always seem to find me. Moving from town to town every few months never helped either. More dead just always find me. But things are changing for me now. I’m moving in with my uncle Rory and cousin Tara. I’m finally going to be able to do normal teenage stuff I’ve been missing out on. Right? 

Well, if this one bitch of a ghost could leave me alone on campus that would be great. Especially since I haven’t told my new friends about my abilities. Can you believe this? Five good looking guys practically adopt me on my first day of school, and I still think they’re a bit nuts for it. Now if I can only just keep my life with the dead from mixing with my normal life everything would be great. Yeah...I don’t see that happening either. But I’m going to give it a shot. Who knows? It might work. 

    

This book starts with Lexie moving in with her Uncle Rory. Things haven't been going so well for her lately, and she's ready to make a new start on life. But, she has a few secrets she's trying to keep, and when new friends start popping up it gets harder and harder to keep them secret. 

Lexie will do everything she can to keep her secret, and to stay safe as well. However, her new friends might object to keeping secrets, but they are all about her safety. 

This book blew me away. Seriously, I just couldn't put it down! 
I adored the whole plot line. It was super exciting and new. I loved that. 
Then you have this awesome heroine, Lexie, who isn't afraid of anything, helps those who need it, and is totally cool. 

Then there are her guys. Who are five different guys that have lived through a lot together, and now just adopted this one girl to their group. These guys do their best to take care of her even though they don't really understand what's going on.

The only issue I had with this book is I was a little disappointed that everyone in the group seemed to date other people, and I really hated that rule that was made towards the end. 

Other than that though this book was just awesome. And now, I can't wait to read more in this series. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 10:05 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%