Saturday, September 3, 2016


Title: Ancient Magic
Series: Dragon's Gift: The Huntress #1
Author: Linsey Hall
Rating: 

I’m good at two things: finding treasure and killing demons. Lying low is a close third—but not because I want to be good at hiding. I have to be. I’m a FireSoul, one of the unlucky few to inherit a piece of the dragon’s soul. Being born with the dragon’s covetousness should be a sweet gig - I have the power to find and steal any type of treasure, including the powers of other supernaturals.

But it doesn’t come without a price - stealing powers requires that I kill, and others would destroy me if they discover what I am. In a world full of magic, hiding my species is the only way to survive. Finding magical artifacts is the only way to pay the bills. It’s a dangerous job when you can barely use your magic, but that’s one of the things I like about it.

When Aidan Merrick, the most powerful shifter in the city, hired me to find an ancient scroll, I didn’t want to take the job. His immense amount of power reminds me of too much of murky memories from a past I can’t remember. But I don’t have a choice. The scroll reveals what I am. And if anyone finds out, I’m dead.

  

Ancient Magic begins when Cass gets offered a job by the most powerful shifter in the world, Aiden. Not only does he want a job, but he also wants a date with her. However, she is hiding a huge secret that could not only put herself, but her two best friends in grave danger, and hanging around Aiden could be dangerous for several reasons. 

But, she must find this item and destroy it before it is used against her and her friends, that's a lot easier than it sounds. Cass and Aiden set off to find the item, but trouble finds them along the way. 

This book was okay. I liked the overall story line of it, but I was annoyed by the heroine. She wasn't really as strong as I imagined she should have been, and she seemed more afraid of things than normal. It bugged me. But, other than that I liked the story and the side characters as well. 

I don't see myself reading more in this series, but this was a nice way to pass the time into an interesting story. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 11:05 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%