Wednesday, August 3, 2016


Title: Crys and Gabe
Series: Human Hieroglyphix #2
Author: J.A. Hornbuckle
Rating: 

Crys and Gabe grew up together in the woods outside of Grantham, Colorado. They were each others best friend and champion. But things have a way of coming between people, especially as they grow into adulthood. School, families and distances all worked in creating a wedge that moved them from best friends to acquaintances.

Gabe's come back, though, using words like 'forever' and 'love' in ways Crys has never heard him speak. And she wants him, has always wanted him. But Crys knows that history, their history, can repeat itself. While she agrees to give Gabe a chance, she is determined to protect her heart.

Can Crys learn to trust Gabe again, and in doing so, learn to trust herself?

Human Hieroglyphix 2 is the second book in the series and is intended for mature readers. Contains graphic language and explicit sexual situations.
 

  

Crys ends up getting hurt at work and has to spend some time in the hospital from it. While in the hospital, Gabe decides it's time to make his move, and make Crys for once and all. However, he didn't expect to have a lot of negative reaction from his friends and family, but that is what seems to happen. 

Crys and Gabe must work through past hurts, and work through coming out to their friends and family. But, this is a lot easier said than done. And when some people from Gabe's past come back to haunt him things get even worse for these two. 

This book was not nearly as good as the first one. I was disappointed in that regard. 
I did like this one for the most part. I thought the plot line was interesting, but I was a little annoyed with a few things in the story. 

(May contain mild spoilers)
1) I hated that what caused Crys to get hurt in the beginning of the book was never really resolved. That bothered me, and another instance of something happening to her house as well. 

2) I also didn't like the fact that Gabe and Crys were "hiding" their relationship. That really pissed me off, and made no sense what so ever to this story in my opinion. I didn't get it. 

But, other than these two things I really did like it. I loved Crys the most. I thought she was a very smart and stubborn woman, and even though she got with Gabe, who made a ton of mistakes, she still stuck it out through the end. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 4:27 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%