Sunday, August 21, 2016

Title: Anything but Minor
Series: Balls in Play #1
Author: Kate Stewart
Rating: 

“She’s a nerd.”
“Heyyyy!”
“Okay, she’s a flight instructor.”
“Better.”
“He’s a ballplayer.”
“The best that ever was.”
“Technically, you aren’t according to MLB stats.”
“See? Total nerd. She also has no filter.”
“He’s no southern gentlemen.”
“I had one last season to prove my worth.”
“I’d never seen a game.”
“He told me he was a player.”
“She told me she was a lesbian.”
“But you fell in love with me anyway.”
“Yeah, baby, I totally did.”


  

Anything but Minor begins with Alice moving to a new town for a new job and she knows no one there. She hasn't had that great of an upbringing, and she's set on trying things out for the first time ever. 

All this changes when she meets ballplayer Rafe. He is used to getting any woman he wants, but Alice is very different. Not only is she a "nerd," she's also someone who speaks her mind with no filter, and isn't afraid to try things. However, as Alice and Rafe move from friends to more things in both of their lives get more and more complicated. 

This book started out really good! I thought it was a total four star for the first half the book. It's filled with a very intriguing plot line, hilarious heroine with a lot of goofy stuff happening to her. And then of course, the awesome 80's movie references. 

Then some how, some way, towards the middle and ending of the book there was a shift of some kind. I felt like their was some weird added drama for no reason, and no real out come with one of the side characters, then there was the fact that at times it felt like conversations between the characters were skipped or jumped into the middle of them without really knowing what was going on. 

Other than that I liked the book because it was so funny, and because Alice did some of the most hilariously awkward things I've ever read about, Ever! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 8:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%