Monday, July 4, 2016

Title: Cold Mark
Series: Mark #1
Author: Scarlett Dawn
Rating: 

Subject Name: Braita Valorn
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Age: 18
Designation: Slave
Temperament: Hostile


Thrown head first into a barbaric world she knows nothing of, Braita Valorn must adapt to the dark life as a slave. Her survival hinges on it. With her freedom stolen, her existence is now controlled by the possessive Plumas of the West. But what they cannot control are her feelings and the other set of men who want her—and who are willing to use every trick they know to obtain her from their enemies. Only Braita never expected to fall for these two Pluma leaders of the East.

Braita is a fighter. She demands her freedom most of all. And this slave is willing to use her own tricks to get what she wants. Including her men...


     

Cold Mark begins when Braita is tasked with being taken to a new planet as a slave. However, she never expected to end up being more than that when she finally lands on the planet. But that's exactly what happened. And now she must learn to figure out her place among these people, while also trying to get her freedom back. 

However, that may be harder than she originally imagined when feelings come into play, and when she gets her best friend Jax back into her life as well. 

I was hoping that because Scarlett Dawn wrote this book it would be as good as her other series. I was a little bit disappointed with it though. I really had a very hard time liking and even understanding Braita. At times, I thought she was selfish and spoiled, even though she didn't live a life where she could have been spoiled. It was very odd. 

I admired her passion for freedom, but I really didn't understand why she treated certain people the way she did when she was suppose to be "meant" for them. It was a little bit irritating to me. 

Other than this book was very interesting, and I did like it. I also enjoyed the whole world that the author created, and I'm interested in reading the next book mainly because I'm hoping it is about a different character, but also because I feel in love with this universe the author created, it was just that appealing and interesting. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 10:26 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%