Thursday, July 14, 2016


Title: Brutal
Series: Detroit After Dark #1
Author: K.S. Adkins
Rating: 

My name is Venessa Cross.

I'm a Detroit DJ with issues. I know it, my friends know it, and even the enemy knows it.

The problem is, now the Detroit Police Department knows it, too.

I was wrong to think my nighttime activities would go unnoticed. Eventually I wound up on his radar.

He lives for the law, I exist outside of it. I expected the rules to change, but I didn't expect that one simple handshake would also change… everything else.

When he's assigned to protect me, he gets a back stage pass to my world.
Now I make him question the very oath he stands for, and I hate myself for it.

I’m convinced I’ll ruin him.
Yet, he wants to save me.

If you thought the streets of Detroit were brutal, you haven’t seen me in action.
Follow me and watch me do what the police can't: deliver punishment.

My name is Venessa Cross.

I am justice.
 


     

Brutal begins when Vanessa is arrested in the club she works at. They accuse her of murder, but really it's all just a hoax to get her partnered with the police. Things get more complicated when she meets the man meant to be her "partner." She finally found a man she's attracted to and has no idea how to go from there. Vanessa hasn't had the best of things happened to her in the past, and now she fears how things will continue when it comes to the opposite sex.

The cop who wants her won't let anything come between them no matter what happens. Vanessa is the woman for him and he will do anything and everything to protect her.

This book was very interesting. I liked the heroine and hero, and the overall plot line.
I just hated how the hero and heroine acted together. It drove me nuts. These two really fierce people acted like children when they were together. That really bothered me, it was like they each lost a part of themselves. And the romance happened very quickly which is exactly a bad thing, but it felt forced in this instance.

Other than that I did like the book overall, not sure I will read more in this series though. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 3:00 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%