Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! 

 This is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish where we share Top Ten Things with a different topic every week.

This weeks top ten is:

Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year! 


1)Pandemonium by Bella Jewel! 

I am the good girl, the one who does no wrong. 
Daughter to a ferocious and strong MC President, I know what protection feels like. 
Until one night changes everything - and not a single person in the world can protect me from it, not even my dad. 
Suffocating. Alone. Desperate. 
I let my problems live deep inside until there is no longer anywhere to run. 
I need an escape. Anything to make the pain go away. 
Trouble comes for me, and I don't fight it. 
I tried so hard to believe in what I was, 
But nobody understood. 
Not until him. Not until Lucas. 
He sees me. He believes in me. 
He refuses to let me drown. 
He’s my way out. My escape. 
But Lucas is forbidden. He’s a cop. I’m in danger. And my father is trying to protect what can’t be protected. 
There can only be one outcome. 
Pandemonium.

This book was a huge surprise. I adored the main characters, and the plot line. It was really really good! 


2)Sweet Seduction Secrets by Nicola Claire

Life is not meant to be easy. It’s a challenge you have to rise to every single day. We’ve all got demons inside us. We’ve all got secrets that could drag us down into an abyss.”

Infiltrating the enemy has never been a problem for Charlie Downes. She’s spent the past ten years pretending to be someone she’s not, all in the name of crown and country. New Zealand may be a small South Pacific nation, but there is nothing trifling about its security taskforce. And her employer, despite being a shadow dwelling organisation, takes security of its state very seriously.

But her latest assignment on home soil is set to be her most challenging. Pitted against a private security firm with skills - and operatives - both unexpected and surprising, Charlie finds out more than she bargained for. And the truth will indeed enlighten. But can she remain emotionless when the hunter becomes the prey? And can she ignore how being hunted makes her feel?

Because the moment she lays eyes on Adam Savill everything changes. Her assignment. Her objectives. Her entire world. And if Adam has his way, Charlie will be changed forever.

International espionage. Counter terrorism. Mob syndicates. And drug cartels. Everything clashes in this exciting conclusion to the Sweet Seduction Series. And as Charlie and Adam chase down the enemy, dodging bullets and emotions, all the while fighting their explosive attraction to one another, secrets are revealed that shock them all.

For knowing her secret could get you killed. And Charlie Downes’ secret is most definitely lethal.
 

This is the last book in the Sweet Seduction series, and while I was sad it ended I was super excited for this book. And it did not disappoint. This one was one of the best of the whole series. I adored Charlie, and I really loved her role in the Sweet Seduction series. I honestly want to see more of her and them interacting. 


3)The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata!

Vanessa Mazur knows she's doing the right thing. She shouldn't feel bad for quitting. Being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary. She has plans and none of them include washing extra-large underwear longer than necessary.

But when Aiden Graves shows up at her door wanting her to come back, she's beyond shocked.

For two years, the man known as The Wall of Winnipeg couldn't find it in him to tell her good morning or congratulate her on her birthday. Now? He's asking for the unthinkable.

What do you say to the man who is used to getting everything he wants?

This one was another great book by Mariana Zapata. I loved the relationship between the hero and heroine, and how they came together. It was very funny, and exciting to read! 

4)The Queen of All that Lives by Laura Thalassa

She’s a martyr.
A myth.
A ghost.
A legend.
She’s my soulmate and my captive, my conscience and my wrath. I love her too much to let her die; I fear her too much to wake her from her slumber.
She’s mine.
And now she’s gone.

He’s unnatural.
Undying.
Unethical.
Unstoppable.
He’s the keeper of lies and lost souls. Mine slipped through his clutches.
I am his wife, his queen, the love of his very long life.
And soon, I will be his executioner.

This is the last book in this series, and it was EPIC! I can't even describe how awesome it was. If you haven't read this series then you should! 

5)Drifter by Bella Jewel 

They say opposites attract. In my world that isn’t a good thing. 
I did everything I could to escape the grips of motorcycle club I grew up in when I turned twenty-one. 
It wasn’t about fear, or betrayal, or even lack of love. I just needed my own life. 
I had to know how it felt to stand on my own two feet without their protection. 
Then I met Diesel. Mysterious, dark, with eyes that screamed to be understood. 
From the second I met him, I knew I needed to be in his life. 
There’s just one problem – he’s a member of a different motorcycle club. 
Two things that should never be combined. Yet I can’t stay away. 
No matter how hard he pushes. I can see beyond his mask. 
I need to know who he is and I’ll overcome any obstacle to be in his life. 
A friendship is born, followed by an epic love. 
Our relationship is forbidden. 
But I’ll do anything to be in his life. 
Anything.

I loved the hero and heroine in this one the most! They were great together. And I loved how Mercy didn't take crap from anyone, and how she was willing to fight for the love she needed and wanted. 

6)Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop

For centuries, the Others and humans have lived side by side in uneasy peace. But when humankind oversteps its bounds, the Others will have to decide how much humanity they’re willing to tolerate—both within themselves and within their community...

Since the Others allied themselves with the cassandra sangue, the fragile yet powerful human blood prophets who were being exploited by their own kind, the delicate dynamic between humans and Others changed. Some, like Simon Wolfgard, wolf shifter and leader of the Lakeside Courtyard, and blood prophet Meg Corbyn, see the new, closer companionship as beneficial—both personally and practically.

But not everyone is convinced. A group of radical humans is seeking to usurp land through a series of violent attacks on the Others. What they don’t realize is that there are older and more dangerous forces than shifters and vampires protecting the land that belongs to the Others—and those forces are willing to do whatever is necessary to protect what is theirs…

This book was really good. It added a whole lot of more conflict to the story, and how different the Others are from the humans. I'm looking forward to more in this series, I just wish the wait wasn't so long! 

7)Chosen Fool by Scarlett Dawn

The second saga in the bestselling, Forever Evermore series continues with Chosen Fool, where deception runs deep and Caro’s transitioning life turns even more deadly…

Caroline Jules has received news of a lifetime. She’s going to be Queen to ‘her’ people. Instead of running, as any sane criminal would, she faces the mêlée with all the wits and savvy that her difficult life has honed. With her best friend, Sin, at her side, Caro pushes past the animosity her power inevitably brings, and prepares to rewrite her future.

Until the night Sin leaves, and she is alone.

Now, Caro must face the Royal world and all its intrigues and intricacies by herself. People aren’t always as they appear—and danger lurks behind even the most pleasant face. When a threat not even the Elders can handle puts her new tribe in danger, Caro takes matters into her own hands. Armed with the power of the mysterious spirit Elementals, Caro’s determined to eliminate the evil ransacking the Mysticals. All she needs is time.

But time waits for no fool…and time isn’t as straightforward as it seems.

     Caro is unique type of paranormal create, and she's been chosen to be the next "Queen." She doesn't want this, and when it starts to put her and her friends in danger things start to get extremely complicated. This book was really good. I think I enjoyed it more than the first part of this series. I really loved Caro. I think she's a very strong character, and I'm excited for more in this series. 

8)The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood

Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don't call your hot boss the antichrist to his face. 
2. Don't stare at hot boss's, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!) 
3. Don't get on the malicious first assistant's bad side.
4. Don't forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In. 
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed. 
8. Don't break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.

This was a hilarious good read! It's the first of read by this author, and I'm looking forward to more. I enjoyed the heroine a lot in this one as well as the plot line. 

9)A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

This one had an epic story line, with a little bit more romance in it. And it sets up the next book perfectly. I can't wait to find out what happens next! 

10)First Kiss by C.L. Stone

The time has finally come for Sang Sorenson to be formally introduced to the Academy. Protocol dictates the boys keep the details of Sang’s official introduction to the Academy a secret from her. The only thing they can advise her to do is to work on what will become her mantra: She is determined to stay with her team, no matter what. 

Despite her wishes, however, the boys are second-guessing her place with them, concerned for her safety. With dangers all around and threats closing in, some of the boys are questioning if this is the right time to bring her to meet the Academy at all. 

Sang is challenged with being the brave face among them and instilling the confidence needed to keep her with them. However, in order to appear compliant with the Academy’s rules, she has to be willing to listen and try their suggestions. As the boys have suspected and feared, the council wants to see how she’ll work with a different team. An all-girl team. She has no choice but to go along with the proposal or risk losing a shot at the Academy. 

But when the Academy’s inner world is revealed to her, Sang knows that she’s finally found her place—somewhere she belongs—and she sees a future with them. The deeper she gets, the more she sees how she can make a difference. Learning what she is capable of and the impact she can have, she feels obligated to help. There’s so few girls, and they need her. 

The guys try to stick to their plan, but every team must pay their debts, and the cost of keeping her might be more than any of them can afford. 

It’s up to Sang alone to prove to the Academy where she truly belongs—but can she resist the call of a new team that needs her? 

The Academy, Inside 

This one has Sang finally meeting the Academy, but it's a lot more than that. Sang proves herself to others and herself, and it finally lets all the guys know about what's going on. This one really shows how strong Sang is, and how she feels about things. I really enjoyed this one, and look forward to more. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 8:49 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I haven't read any of these but ACOMAF is on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/top-ten-tuesday-62/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a chance to read some of theme! :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%