Sunday, December 13, 2015




Title: Dead Witch Walking
Series: The Hollows #1
Author: Kim Harrison
Rating: 

All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party... and to feed.

Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining - and it's Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.

A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead... or undead.


     

Dead Witch Walking begins with Rachel finally deciding to quit her job. Her semi friend vampire Ivy is going to quit with her. But what Rachel didn't plan on was the company to actually try to kill her for quitting. Now, she has to find away to pay off her contract before she ends up dead. Some how that's going to be harder than it seems. 

This book was okay. It's actually really interesting once you get into it. But the start up feels very slow, and frustrating. The things that really bothered me about the book were Nick and Ivy. Well, I liked Ivy. I just didn't really like the way Ivy and Rachel's relationship was portrayed. Because it feels like it's going one way, but is kinda flipping another way and that just got frustrating. I also read some other reviews for future books in the series and this continues to happen. That's kind of annoying to learn. 

Other than that this was really cool. I loved this world they lived in, and I really enjoyed Rachel. And oddly enough I actually like the "bad guy" in this story Trent. I feel like he and Rachel could have a major connection and I'm excited to read more in the series to figure it out. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 3:28 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. This is a fun series. The books get so much better as the go along. My favorite character in the series is Jenks. He is my all-time favorite sidekick. And wait until you meet Al. :-) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Melanie. I'm a little worried about this series. I'm scared it's going to be a little like Anita Blake without the sex part, and I really got annoyed with that series after the 5th book or so.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%