Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Title: Darkest Before Dawn
Series: KGI #10
Author: Maya Banks
Rating: 
The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super-elite, top secret, family-run business.
Qualifications: High intelligence, rock-hard body, military background.
Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the U.S. government can’t...

The enigmatic Hancock has been both opponent and ally to the KGI teams for as long as they've known him. Always working a deep game, Hancock's true allegiance has never been apparent, but one thing is for certain—he never lets anything get in the way of duty.

But now, his absolute belief in the primacy of his ultimate goal is challenged by a captive he's been ordered to guard, no matter how much she suffers in her prison. She's the only woman who's ever managed to penetrate the rigid walls surrounding his icy heart, but will he allow his perplexing feelings for the beautiful victim to destroy a mission he's spent years working to complete or will he be forced to sacrifice her for “the greater good.”

     

Darkest Before Dawn is about Honor having to endure one of the worst things that's ever happened to her. But when she thinks she's being rescued by some good men, things may not be as they seem. Hancock knows that his mission has always been for the "greater good" even if that means hurting the innocent. But when Honor starts to change his views, and the views of his men life gets to be a lot more complicated. 

Darkest Before Dawn is not at all what I was expecting. I have to say I had a really hard time deciding if I liked this one or not. I have a major love-hate relationship with this one. I enjoyed the end the most. And I also really liked Honor. 

I enjoyed the relationship between Honor and Hancock's men, but I really hated the way Hankcock acted, and how he did things. But in the end he did turn out good. 

However, there were still a few more things in this book that bugged me. Mainly when the hero and heroine became intimate it felt like we switched to a historical novel by the way they started speaking to each other. It was a little bit frustrating. 

Other than that it was okay. I liked the idea of the story and I loved the end. But I do have to say this is one of my least favorites of this series, it was hard to like it. But I did like it for the most part. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 8:41 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%