Thursday, November 19, 2015

Title: Perfectly Imperfect
Author: Harper Sloan
Rating: 

Mirror, mirror … who’s the fairest of them all?

I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretendingthey were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn’t grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all ‘mean girls.’

And those mean girls were right – it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world – and I knew the answer would never be me.

The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests.

The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward.

Well, that’s definitely not Willow Tate.

No. That will never be me.

Because I’m completely imperfect.

And … I hate myself.

I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.


     

ARC

Perfectly Imperfect begins when Willow is moving on her from her past, but in one of her worst moments she meets Kane. She knows he would never find her attractive, but she is instantly attracted to him, and after that one day she knows she will never see him again. So, imagine her surprise when she sees him again at another one of her bad moments with her family. But this time Kane is not going to let her go. 

He wants her badly, and he will do whatever he has to to make her his. These two have go through Willow's issues, and Kane's secrets, but hopefully they can find their happily ever after before it is too late. 

This book was not at all what I was expecting. I'm a huge fan of most of Harper Sloan's books, so this one was slightly different. I sort of had a feeling I've read something like this before, so that kind of took a lot of the surprise out of the book. The characters were okay, although I was annoyed about Kane's secrets, and frustrated with Willow for part of the book. 

Other than that the rest of the story was pretty interesting, and the ending was nice. So, over all I did like it, but it wasn't as good as some of this author's other books. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 6:27 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Hate it when a book doesn't live up to what you're expecting based on the author's other books - hopefully the next one will be better!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I know that was no fun. And I do hope the next one will be better as well.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%