Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Title: Ready to Were
Series: Shift Happens #1
Author: Robyn Peterman

Rating: 


I never planned on going back to Hung Island, Georgia. Ever.

I was a top notch Were agent for the secret paranormal Council and happily living in Chicago where I had everything I needed – a gym membership, season tickets to the Cubs and Dwayne – my gay, Vampyre best friend. Going back now would mean facing the reason I’d left and I’d rather chew my own paw off than deal with Hank. 

Hank the Tank Wilson was the six foot three, obnoxious, egotistical, perfect-assed, best-sex-of-my-life, Werewolf who cheated on me and broke my heart. At the time, I did what any rational woman would do. I left in the middle of the night with a suitcase, big plans and enough money for a one-way bus ticket to freedom. I vowed to never return. 

But here I am, trying to wrap my head around what has happened to some missing Weres without wrapping my body around Hank. I hope I don’t have to eat my words and my paw.

***This novella originally appeared in the Three Southern Beaches collection released July of 2014. This is an extended version of that story.

     

Ready to Were begins when WTF werewolf agent Essie is sent back to her home town of Hung. The problem is she left her alpha ex-boyfriend there, and she doesn't want to see him again. However, she must work closely with him if she wants to solve the missing persons case she is working on. But while being back and trying to avoid Hang, who doesn't want to be avoided, she learns some truths she never even considered. Now, her whole world is changing and she has no idea what to do next. 

This book was pretty good. It had great humor, and a pretty cool story line. The only bad thing was it was kind of short, and since it was short it felt like towards the end everything was rushed and just happened too quickly! 

Other than that it has a really snarky heroine, and an alpha male, and of course a whole lot more! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 10:28 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I have this book. I need to get it on my list to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to read it soon! It was really good, and really funny!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%