Saturday, October 10, 2015

Title: Fashionably Dead
Series: Hot Damned #1
Author: Robyn Peterman
Rating: 

Vampyres don’t exist. They absolutely do not exist.

At least I didn’t think they did ‘til I tried to quit smoking and ended up Undead. Who in the hell did I screw over in a former life that my getting healthy equates with dead?

Now I’m a Vampyre. Yes, we exist whether we want to or not. However, I have to admit, the perks aren’t bad. My girls no longer jiggle, my ass is higher than a kite and the latest Prada keeps finding its way to my wardrobe. On the downside, I’m stuck with an obscenely profane Guardian Angel who looks like Oprah and a Fairy Fighting Coach who’s teaching me to annihilate like the Terminator.

To complicate matters, my libido has increased to Vampyric proportions and my attraction to a hotter than Satan’s underpants killer rogue Vampyre is not only dangerous . . . it’s possibly deadly. For real dead. Permanent death isn’t on my agenda. Avoiding him is my only option. Of course, since he thinks I’m his, it’s easier said than done. Like THAT’S not enough to deal with, all the other Vampyres think I’m some sort of Chosen One.

Holy Hell, if I’m in charge of saving an entire race of blood suckers, the Undead are in for one hell of a ride.
 

     

Fashionably Dead begins when Astrid ends up trying to quit smoking and becomes a vampyire. She doesn't believe they exist, but when things start to get complicated in her life, and some crazy people show up claiming to be her guardian Angel, and a Fairy, she realizes that she may be a vampyire after all. But as the other vampyres think she is the "Chosen One" all hell is going to break lose before Astrid can figure out her destiny. 

This was a very humorous and enjoyable vampire book. I liked the story line very much, even though it did kind of remind me of some other vampire books I've read, but that happens sometimes. 

The main thing I didn't like was the heroine. It was really hard to like her at times due to how utterly over the top stupid she acted, and how materialistic she was. Other than that I did really like the book, but it isn't the best of read of this author, and I'm not sure I will read anymore in this series. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 4:38 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I've been wanting to try this author. I have a few books by this author, including this one. I need to try her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read more of her books as well! I had them for a while, but just never got around to reading them, so I'm glad I finally did.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%