Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Title: Dark Heart of Magic
Series: Black Blade #2
Author: Jennifer Estep


Rating: 

Something Wicked This Way Comes...

As a thief, I stick to the shadows as much as possible. But when the head of the Sinclair Family picks me to compete in the Tournament of Blades, there's no escaping the spotlight—or the danger.

Even though he's my competition, Devon Sinclair thinks I have the best shot at winning what's supposed to be a friendly contest. But when the competitors start having mysterious "accidents," it looks like someone will do anything to win—no matter who they hurt.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about, mobster Victor Draconi is plotting against Devon and the rest of my friends, and someone's going around Cloudburst Falls murdering monsters. One thing's for sure. Sometimes, humans can be more monstrous than anything else...

     

ARC from NetGalley

Dark Heart of Magic takes place a few weeks after the first book ended. Devon and Lila are still dancing around each other, but this time it's worse because both of their feelings are getting stronger. Add in some murdered monsters, and lots of girl drama for Felix, and you have a whole new story. This time though Lila and Devon must fight in the "Family" tournament, and when things look really bad Lilia must do what she can to protect her Family! 

This book was extremely good. It had me captivated right from the start to the very end, where it left me wanting more! 
I loved Lila in this one! She and Devon were awesome together, and I can not wait to read more about that in the next book. But it was also really awesome to get to see more about Lila and her past! A lot of hidden truths come out in the open in this one, and Lila finds out just who the bad guys are and what they are actually planning! 

Overall this book was very very good! Beware once you read it, it will have you craving more! 

by ShootingStars Reviews 11:40 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I still need to read book one. I'm waiting for the audio to come out. Glad to see you liked book two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melanie, I hope you get to read it soon! It's really good. I really like this series!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%