Monday, September 7, 2015

Title: Playing the Player
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Author: Lisa Brown Roberts
Rating: 

The Good Girl Vs. The Player
Round one begins...


Trina Clemons needed the money. Why else would she - the most organized, prepared student in school - spend the summer as a nanny and partner with the biggest slacker ever? Now she's ready to tackle nannyhood with her big binder of research and schedules. Just don't ask her about the secret job of "fixing" the bad habits of a certain high school player...

Slade Edmunds prefers easy hook-ups, and Trina is definitely not his type. She's all structure and rules, while Slade wants to just have fun. Fortunately, Trina has no idea about the bet Slade made with his best friend that he can totally get her to unwind by the end of summer...

Then the weirdest thing happens. There's chemistry. A lot of it. 
But nothing gets between a boy and a girl like a big, fat secret...

     

ARC from Entangled Publishing! 
Trina is as organized as they come. And when she's offered the job to be a "partner" nanny to the school's playboy slacker, Slade, her world gets turned upside down. 

Slade hasn't ever got a long well with Trina, and when he figures out his normal tricks won't work on her, things go from bad to worse. These two must figure out a way to work together in order to take care of the two kids they've got with them or all hell's going to break loose. 

This book was very interesting. I really liked the story line, it was something different and very humorous at times. However, it could be slightly sad too. I kind of felt like Trina was way over the top at times, but she made up for it in the end. 

Overall the book was very enjoyable, and I liked it! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 7:25 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I was really curious about this one because I've read a few books from this publisher and they've all been good, but none were really great. Yet every time I see a new one, I really want to read it for some reason! I didn't take this one on for review - looks like it's about like the others.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I totally agree with you! But I actually signed up for more ARC's from them, and I've found a lot that I actually really enjoy! So, I'm enjoying it. And now, I've found out they have a YA section so, I'm going to review for those too. :) If you do decide to give them a chance, I hope you find one you really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%