Thursday, August 13, 2015

Title: Deadly Trouble
Author: J.L. Hammer


A handsome doctor, piña coladas...and murder

Las Vegas embalmer Lily Sanborn's vacation at the remote retreat in Belize should have been heaven...if her idea of heaven was a gazillion degrees, humidity, and enough mosquitos to require daily transfusions. Just as she decides to make the best of her tropical destination, she stumbles upon a murder, witnesses a kidnapping and meets the most attractive man she's ever seen.
Dr. Cooper Deforest is seriously attracted to this stunning woman with a razor-sharp tongue. In fact, he is having the damnedest time trying to keep his hands off Lily. But when murder, kidnapping, a drug cartel and police corruption intrude on his peaceful jungle world, Cooper wonders just what sort of person Lily is. 
Even though their chemistry sizzles, Lily's trust issues get in the way. As much as Cooper wants this woman, he can't get over the fact that wherever Lily goes, death seems to follow..

     


Author Interview!


1)      Do you have a special song you listened to while writing Deadly Trouble?
 The songs on my playlist change based on the type of scene: fun, sexy, tense, and emotional. This just is a sample.
Sing by Ed Sheeran;
Whiskey in My Water by Tyler Farr;
 Little Things by Bush;
Wide Awake by Katy Perry
2)      What gave you the idea for the story of Deadly Trouble?
Lily is the best friend in Nothing But Trouble, Vegas Vixens series book #1.  Since Lily is an embalmer with a firecracker personality, I knew she needed a hero who didn’t want to dominate her but rather could charm her into submission. So, Dr. Cooper Deforest came into the picture. I wanted her to go somewhere tropical, and Belize was the perfect place. After that, the story just wrote itself as Lily had to face a drug lord, corrupt police, and the scars of her past.
3) What is your favorite book(s)?
Obsession by Karen Robards
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer
Play Dirty by Sandra Brown
4) Is there an author that inspired you to write?
I’m a huge fan of Karen Robards and Sandra Brown. Both of these talented ladies write intricate suspense plots with smoking hot romances.
5) If you could cast ANYBODY as the main two characters from Deadly Trouble, who would they be?
Oh, good question. I actually had a photo of Matthew McConaughey on my writing board for Dr. Cooper Deforest and a photo of Lucy Liu for Lily Sanborn. And, boy, did they make sparks.
6) What is your favorite movie?
I hardly ever go to the movies because I’d rather read a book, but I do love French Kiss and the Last of the Mohicans.
7) What do you enjoy doing besides writing?
I love reading, travelinglistening to country music, and drinking a nice glass of wine.
8) What made you decide to become an author?
Being an author is my second career. I’m also a full-time educator. I didn’t start writing until I was thirty, but as far back as I can remember, I’ve always had sexy dangerous stories playing through my mind. One day I decided to write one of these stories down and four published novels later, I’m still going.
9) If you could change your name to anything in the world what would it be?*random I know* :) 

Sassy Boots  :)
by ShootingStars Reviews 10:44 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%