Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Title: Tamed by the Outlaw
Author: Michelle Sharp
Rating: 

He's taking on the bad girl of romance...

Author Jessie Jameson is the Bad Girl of romance, making a huge name for herself writing love stories with sizzling hot sex scenes. No one needs to know that her real-life inspiration is sexy publishing exec Grayson Reynolds. Or that after the hottest sex of her life, Grayson walked out on her.

Grayson's finally taken the reins of his family's publishing business, and he's determined to sell off the romance division. But Jessie Jameson's contract is complicating things. It's like she's been trying to ruin him ever since the mind-blowing night they shared-the night she walked out on him.

Now the sparks are flying. Heated, sexy sparks. It's a Wild West showdown between Jessie and Grayson. But when Romance ends up in bed with Business, only one can walk away...



   


Author's Interview! 

Hi Whitney. Thank you for having me, I love your questions. 

1) What is the song you have for the hero and heroine, that is their song? 
Okay, I’m kind of a dork, but I always pick out a song that I think my hero and heroine would make their own if they had the opportunity to do so. I like to play it when I’m editing the more intimate scenes. LOL 
Jessie and Grayson are both strong, stubborn, take-no-prisoners personalities. But, if they’re being honest, they are both also completely hung up on the night they spent together a year ago. I had heard the song “In My Veins” by Andrew Belle on the show Castle before, but I had never really payed attention to the words. One night as I was working on Outlaw, I heard, I mean really heard the words to “In my Veins” and it seemed so right for them.

2) What gave you the idea for Tamed by the Outlaw?
I love enemies to lovers stories. I have always wanted to write one. When I learned of Entangled’s “What happens in Vegas” Series, it sounded like a really interesting idea. I knew immediately I wanted to submit an idea and I was pretty sure I wanted my hero and heroine to have a past together. What I hadn’t counted on was how boldly Jessie’s character would come through to me. I had a vision of her being a sweet, whimsical romance writer but she turned out to be a strong, try-anything, erotic romance writer. Go figure.   

3) In the book, you had Jessie write sexy scenes in her story based on real life. Is this something you've done before?
Ha. No, but I think I might be able to get away with it. My husband is very supportive of my writing by helping out with cooking and cleaning, but he does NOT read romance. I’m fairly certain I could write just about anything and he’d be none the wiser. But please don’t tell him I said that.  

4) Who would you cast as Jessie and Grayson?
Hmm. I hadn’t really thought about this, but based only on appearances, I might go with someone like Chris Hemsworth for Grayson and Megan Fox for Jessie. 

5) Besides writing, what do you enjoy doing?
Spending time with my family, swimming- and here’s the biggest surprise I’m sure: reading.

6) When did you start writing books, and why?
It was about five years ago, when my youngest started kindergarten, that a few hours a day opened up for me. I wanted to work, but I still had small kids, one with Down Syndrome. Committing to full time employment with little flexibility to be there for my family wasn’t realistic. I have a degree in journalism, so writing has always been a big part of my life, but pursuing my “real” dream of completing a romance novel and putting it out into the world hardly felt realistic either. However, thanks to a very supportive family, I 
have been able to do just that.  

7) Who is your favorite author, and favorite book?
J.D. Robb Anything in the ”In Death” Series although my favorite is still the first book in the series. “Naked in Death”

8) If you could travel back in time, what decade would you travel to? 
1950’s Things seem like they would be simpler then, but still with indoor plumbing. Don’t send me anywhere without a toilet or shower please!

9) Do you have a favorite movie? If so, what is it? 
Pretty Woman


10) What is your favorite fairytale? 
Rapunzel



ARC

Tamed by the Outlaw begins when Jessie Jameson is at a signing, and the one man she never wanted to see again shows up. Her Boss! He's the CEO of the publishing company and he's also the man she believes walked out on her a year ago.  

Grayson is dead set on making some changes in his company, and a major change involves Jessie. He remembers every minuet of their encounter a year ago. But there are still a few things that bother him about things were left. He wants to move past this, and part ways with Jessie in a civil manner. But he never expected what he got when the time came to talk to her again. 

Tamed by the Outlaw starts off extremely funny! I really enjoyed most of the plot line, and I overall thought the whole book was good. I also really enjoyed Jessie's character a lot. She wasn't afraid to admit what she was feeling, and that just endeared her to me. 
I liked Grayson as well, even though sometimes I thought he was a major jerk. He made up for it in the end. 

The only downside to the story was towards the middle it just kept repeating in some ways, and that got a little frustrating. Other than that I really enjoyed it a whole lot. It had a great romance, funny times, and thoroughly entertaining. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 9:47 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%