Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Title: Flawed Love
Series: House of Obsidian #2
Author: Bella Jewel 
Rating: 

**FLAWED LOVE is a standalone second chance romance with a HEA** 


Rainer Torrence is everything I could have wanted in my life and more. 
He became my best friend when I was Thirteen years old. 
From then on, we were inseparable. He was my first love and my first heartbreak. 
But I always thought it was forever. 
Until his Father died and things went bad. 
Then suddenly, he disappeared. 
Ten years and I didn’t see or hear from him. 
Then came the call I’d be praying for– he was back in town. 
Only the man I remembered is not him. 
This man is quiet, deadly, and so incredibly beautiful. 
He also doesn’t remember me. 
He looks into my eyes, and he sees nothing. 
Nothing. 
So, I let him believe I’m just a girl that walked into his bar. 
I let him believe I’m just a friend. 
I let him use me on the cold, dark nights. 
I let him believe that I am as emotionless about our relationship as he is. 
I just let the secret go on and on. 
But all secrets have an end, don’t they?

ARC

Flawed Love begins when Mali finds Rainer working at a bar. She hasn't seen him in years, and they use to be best friends and at one time more. But now he doesn't even remember who she is. And to top it all of he seems to be in love with another woman who has someone else. Mali does the only thing she thinks she can do at the time, and that is get as much time with him as she can before it all falls apart. But trouble seems to find them sooner than she thought, and all the lies come out. 

I liked this one better than the first book of this series. But this one was extremely sad. And I really hated Rainer in it. I hated how he treated Mali. And I was extremely frustrated with how quickly his opinion of things changed in the end. It didn't really feel believable to me. And I was very annoyed with Pippa through out this whole book as well. Because I felt like they did get close again in Pippa's story, but I never felt like it was is close as it was portrayed in this one. So, that was frustrating as well. Other than that I liked the story line. And I adored Mali! I think she was an extremely brave, and heartfelt woman. I give major kudos to her for all of the heartache and pain she went through in this story. 

by ShootingStars Reviews 9:19 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%