Sunday, May 31, 2015

Title: The Watson Brothers
Series: The Watson Brothers 1-3
Author: Lori Foster
Rating: 

"My House, My Rules"
Sweetly sexy and extremely determined Ariel drives tough, rugged cop Sam Watson over the edge. When Ariel's headstrong ways nearly wreck one of Sam's sting operations--ruining her dress in the process--he offers her a ride to his place to clean up. But Ariel seems to have her own agenda, and Sam decides it's time to show the lady that if she wants to play games of seduction, he'll be calling the shots...
"Bringing Up Baby"
Gil Watson's wild night on a business trip two years ago resulted in a daughter he never knew he had. Now that the girl's mother is gone, he wants to do right by his little girl, even if it means a marriage of convenience with the woman who's been raising her. Anabel Truman is totally wrong for him. But the sensations she rouses in Gil feel totally right.
"Good With His Hands"
As best friends, Pete Watson and Cassidy McClannahan have a "no sex" relationship. "No sex" equals continuing friendship. "Ohmygodyes" sex equals big problems. It may be a rigid rule, but it works--until Pete decides he wants to push the line and transform himself into the perfect guy he thinks Cassidy wants.
  

The Watson Brothers is a collection of three short stories about the romances of the three Watson brothers! It begins with Sam's story in "My House, My Rules." Then Gil's story with "Bringing Up Baby." And last is Pete's story in "Good With His Hands." 

I truly adored all three of these short stories. It had a great plot line in each of them with really great characters as well. 

In the first story, My House, My Rules, Sam is attracted to his baby brother's girlfriend. Well, she wasn't technically his girlfriend, but he likes to think of her that way because she's way too young for him. However, Ariel doesn't think she's too young. She thinks she's just right, and she's been in love with Sam for a long time. When she finally gets the chance to show him she wants to be with him, she never realized that he could have felt the same way as well. I adored Ariel's courage to go after what she wanted. She knew Sam was it for her, and she wasn't afraid to fight for what she wanted. 

The second story is, Bringing Up Baby, which happens just a little after the first story ends. Gil has found out he has a two year old daughter he didn't know about, and the girls mother is now gone. But the woman who has raised the baby since birth and claims to be her mother won't give her up, even if Gil thinks she isn't suitable because she's not like him. Anabel will do everything in her power to prove to Gil she needs their daughter, and their daughter needs her even if it means marrying him. But she also wants more from Gil, even though she knows he would never love her. Gil may surprise us all though. 
I was honestly a little frustrated with Gil's attitude towards Anabel at first. I thought he was kind of a jerk, especially considering his younger brother is similar to her. But eventually I really ended up liking him. And I loved Anabel as well. She was a wonderful character, and mother in this story. 

Then the last story, Good With His Hands, is Pete's story. Pete has been best friends with his next door neighbor Cassidy for almost a year now. He wants more from her, but he knows that she wants the type of guy who's sensible, and he is anything but that. But after something shifts in their relationship neither one of them can stay away, or admit their true feelings for each other, until it's almost too late. 
I didn't really like Cassidy at first, but then towards the end I started to like her a whole lot. She and Pete make a really good couple, and I truly loved them together. 

by ShootingStars Reviews 4:36 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the Watson brothers, Whitney. I did as well. When I met Sam, I thought neither of the other brothers would hold a candle to him but I ended up really liking Gil. And Pete's story was a good one, too. I now want to read more from Ms. Foster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandee, thanks for stopping by! And I'm glad you liked this one as well. I really like a lot of Lori Foster's books. You should look into some of her suspense series they are great!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%