Thursday, April 9, 2015

Title: Red Queen
Series: Red Queen #1
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Rating: 

The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?

Red Queen takes us to a Fantasy world where there is a huge divide between people called Silvers, and Reds. The Reds get treated very poorly, and seem to be very ordinary people. While the Silvers on the other hand have special powers, and a whole lot more. When Mare ends up at the wrong place at the wrong time, instead of ending up dead, she will be used by the Silvers. She must now pretend to be one of them.  Mare must decide who she trust among the enemies before it is much too late. 

I really liked this book, but I felt a little bored with it at times. And I found it predictable. Other then that though I enjoyed the heroine, even though I though she was making a huge mistake right from the beginning. But I liked her spirit, and bravery. The story over all was written really well, and other then those few times the rest was very interesting. I'm not sure if I will continue reading it, but it was a nice Young Adult Fantasy novel to lose my time in. 

by ShootingStars Reviews 10:42 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%