Monday, April 6, 2015

Title: The Laughing Corpse
Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Rating: 

The novels of New York Times bestselling author Laurell K. Hamilton take readers into the dangerous life of Anita Blake, animator and vampire hunter; a woman as good at raising the dead as she is at slaying the undead. Now, a creature from beyond the grave is tearing a swath of murder through St. Louis. And Anita will learn that there are some secrets better left buried and some people better off dead.

This book begins when Anita has to view one of the worse crime scenes she's ever been to. Now, she must figure out who the weird murdering Zombie is before it is too late. That's easier said then done. She also has the Master Vampire of the city after her, and the Voodoo queen after her as well. Life is never boring for Anita Blake. 

This book started off semi interesting, then just got boring. That really bothered me. I had a hard time finishing it. But once I got towards the end it started to pick up again. I really loved the ending, it was freaking awesome. And it has made me want to read more in this series, because I was actually considering not reading anymore. But I think I will continue with it for now. Anita is a really pretty cool character, but I don't think she realizes how strong and dangerous she really is. I also can't wait for her to have a love interest. That will be even better for the story. 

So, overall I like the book, but I felt it could have been better. The end was still pretty awesome though. 
by ShootingStars Reviews 5:14 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%