Sunday, April 12, 2015

Title: The Killing Dance
Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #6
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Rating: 

Anita Blake, vampire hunter, is now herself a hunted woman. Who put the $500,000 price on her head--a man or a monster? It's not just her own skin she needs to save; the rivalry between her werewolf boyfriend, Richard, and Marcus, the other alpha werewolf in his pack, has come to full boil. And there's always Jean-Claude, the vampire who's been waiting for just the right moment to slip inside Anita's head and heart. Don't assume anything, though--Hamilton's probably got a few more surprises in store.

The Killing Dance begins when Anita finds out she has a hit on her head. Anita is not stranger to someone trying to kill her, but this time it's a little different. While she and her friends try to figure out whose paying someone to kill her and keep her safe, she's also having more problems with her boyfriends. The werewolf, and the vampire both. Neither of them want to let her go, but Anita can't seem to choose either. In this one they will have a whole lot of problems to figure out before it is much too late. 

This book was frustrating. I was really frustrated with it at times. Although, I really did like Anita and Edward forming a good friendship, even though that didn't exactly turn out how I wanted. I'm still a little bit annoyed about the whole love triangle thing. This book sort of took that to a whole new level. I'm not really sure what direction that is going to go. Even though in the end it seemed like the solution was made, it sure feels unanswered to me. Other then that I really did like this one.  I did think it was actually really good, because I loved the new aspect on it, and the fact that it wasn't a mystery/murder how it has been in previous books. This one was a little bit different, and I really loved that. Now, I'm anxious, and scared to read the next one.

by ShootingStars Reviews 8:33 PM 1 comment

1 comment :

  1. I don't like mysteries, but I really liked the first 4 books of the Anita Black books. I enjoyed them all the way up to the 12th or 13th book. By the time my husband gave me #16, I opened to a random page and it was an intense discussion between Anita and her tortured alpha wolf Richard, about how no other women can take what he dishes out, then he tries to prove to Anita that she can't either...much sexual violence follows. Then he spends page after page apologizing for being such a monster. Sigh. You want to shake him and tell him to get over it, once and for all! Either accept what you are and move on, or kill yourself. But STOP with the endless complaining!

    She must have a bed covering the whole floor in a room the size of a great hall, because of how many males she has in it at the same time. And she only has the same number of orifices that other women do. So what do the guys do while they "wait their turn?" Play cards? Take numbers, like in a deli?

    Sorry, but I used to look forward to each new book, and I truly enjoyed them for a while. But it got to seeming that Hamilton was trying to top the erotic scenes in her last book, with each subsequent one. And that was the final nail in the coffin of my disillusionment.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%