Sunday, April 5, 2015

My To-Be Read List is a monthly meme hosted by Because Reading is Better Than Real Life!

This is only my second time doing it, which I almost forgot, again! 
I'm going to try to do a theme with it each month, but that may not work out so well. But I will try! Let me know what you think, and don't forget to vote. 
Also, if you aren't sure how to do it just go to the blog where the meme is hosted and read the rules! You should join in on the fun too! 


Title: Three Wishes
Author: Kristen Ashley

When Lily Jacobs was born, she inherited Fazire – a genie. Her family had three wishes and they’d only ever used one so Fazire was stuck in the human world. This worked since he’d become a member of the family anyway.

Even with a genie, Lily's young life wasn’t perfect. To escape the kids making her miserable at school, Lily buried herself in romance novels. One day, when the teasing was just too much, she used one of her wishes. She told Fazire she wanted to find a man like in her books and she made the most complicated wish Fazire had ever heard. Her wished-for man had to be impossibly handsome, virile, fierce, rugged and ruthless (amongst a dozen other things).

He also had to think she was beautiful and he had to love her more than anything in the world.

Nathaniel McAllister wasn’t born to a life where there were such things as genies granting wishes. His life was filled with drugs, crime and neglect. He was running errands for a gangster before he was in his teens and, even though life and hard work led him to wealth and respectability, he always knew, deep down, he was dirty. When Nate met Lily he knew he was no good for her but as virile, fierce, rugged and ruthless as he was, Nate was no match for the pull of sweet, innocent Lily.

Unfortunately, Lily’s wish included that she and her hero go through trials and tribulations to test their love. And Fazire wasn’t only a good genie, he loved Lily – so he gave her exactly what she wanted.

This is a book I've read before, but I don't remember enough of it to do a review. So, that's why I want to re-read and review it. It is also one of KA's books, and I have a goal to read and review all of her books, and I think this is the only one not published that I have to go. Well, there may be one more, but I tend to ignore that one. 


Title: Down and Dirty
Series: J.J. Graves Mystery #4
Author: Liliana Hart

Wedding plans are in full swing in Bloody Mary, Virginia. J.J. Graves is ready to walk down the aisle and start a new life—despite the fact her father is still on the loose, blood money is stashed in her closet, and an unidentified body is missing from her parents’ bunker.

But it isn’t her personal life that’s threatening her chance to say “I Do.” It’s the remains of a brutally murdered corpse found buried beneath a prize-winning rose garden. And the message attached leaves no bones about it—the body is meant for J.J. The clock is ticking as J.J. and Jack search for a killer before he becomes the ultimate wedding crasher.

This is the newest book in this series, and while I like the series I just havn't been in the mood to read this one. So, I was hoping to maybe be pushed into reading it. I do look forward to it though. 


Title: The Return
Series: Titan #1
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.

Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series.

This is a new series by a really good author. I loved three of her other series, but I didn't like the main character of this one in those other series. Seth just annoyed me, though  I wanted to like him at times I just hated him. So, I'm a little unsure about this one, but I still wish to read it. 

Create your own user feedback survey

by ShootingStars Reviews 12:00 AM 16 comments

16 comments :

  1. Great selection! I went with The Return because I'm a sucker for books involving the gods and fates:) I hope you enjoy whatever wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for The Return as that's the only book I heard of from these. I still have to catch up on the Convenant series as I only read the first 3 books, although I did enjoy those. I hope you'll enjoy whichever book wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three Wishes sounds like a great book! I hope you enjoy the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berls, Thanks for voting! I hope that one is good if it wins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola, I hope you get to read the rest of the Covenant series! I loved that one!! Thanks for voting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachael, thanks so much for stopping by! Three Wishes is pretty interesting. I will reread it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for the Return. I have read part of the Lux series and liked them. Hope you enjoy whichever one wins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to read one of her books so I am going with Down and Dirty! :) whatever wins, I hope you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shut down after seeing Kristen Ashley. :) I almost didn't even look at the other choices. *ha* The other two look good, and I do want to read The Return once I finish the Covenant series, but I still voted for KA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, Thanks so much for voting! I really liked the Lux series as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle, I've liked most of the other books of hers that I've read. I hope you get to read one soon! Thanks, for voting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brandee, thanks so much for voting. I totally understand about KA. Have you read that one before?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I picked The Return because I have been meaning to pick up a book by this author and wonder how you will like it. Looking forward to see which book wins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sarah, I really liked other books I've read by that author, so I hope I will like The Return if it's picked!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd go with JLA! Looking forward to seeing what you choose!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%