Sunday, March 1, 2015



Title: When Fate Isn't Enough
Author: Isabelle Richards

Can a romance that was written in the stars survive real life? Lily Clark and Gavin Edwards met when their lives collided in a crazy twist of fate. Their relationship started amidst chaos, fraught with lust, passion, and love. Building a life together will take more than destiny, especially when ghosts from their past try to tear them apart.

Needing a fresh start, Lily decides to escape her life in Washington, DC to join Gavin in London. Trust and faith have never come easily to Lily. She’ll be put to the test now that she and Gavin are living under the same roof.
To make matters worse, trouble finds Lily wherever she goes. She thought she’d rid herself of her late husband’s demons, but she soon learns that when you make a deal with the devil, he often comes back to up the ante. Can she learn to let Gavin in or will she continue to fight her battles alone? Find out what happens When Fate Isn’t Enough.
Buy Links:
When Fates Collide:

“I have to run back to London tomorrow morning for a meeting. Let’s go to bed, yeah?”

I walk up the stairs and he says, “Where’re you going?”

I point upstairs. “I assume one of the gazillion bedrooms upstairs.”

He looks at me, confused. “Why would we do that? Upstairs is haunted.”

“What?” I run down the stairs and hide behind him. 

He shrugs. “The place is over three hundred years old. Of course it’s haunted.”

I look over his shoulder at the stairwell, petrified I’m going to see Casper float by. “Tell 

me you’re joking.”

He puts his arm around me and chuckles. “Don’t fret, luv. They’re friendly ghosts.”

My jaw drops and I shake my head. “You brought me to a haunted house.” I look at my 

watch. “If we leave now, we can be back in London by what two? Three?”

He laughs. “We’re not leaving. But I have a surprise.” He threads his fingers through 

mine. “Come on. If you hate it, I’ll drive you back to London.”

He leads me through the maze of the house, then opens a set of double doors which lead 

to the solarium. Shivers run up my body as I step on the slate floor of the all glass room. 

The floor is so cold, it feels like I’m walking on ice. 

“Is your surprise frostbite? ‘Cause I’m already losing feeling in my toes.”

“Don’t be cheeky. Do you trust me?”

“You take me to a haunted house and now bring me to a walk in freezer. Should I trust 

you?”

“Yes. Now lie down and it’ll be worth it, I promise.” He motions to the makeshift bed, 

made of an air mattress and a mountain of pillows. 

I lie down on the air mattress and pull the blankets up to my chin. He turns out the 

lights, and the glass ceiling is illuminated by the brilliant sky. He climbs into the bed and 

wraps his arm around me. “Most of the time, the cloud cover is so thick, you can’t see 

the stars.” Being this far into the country, the stars are brighter than street lights. There 

isn’t a cloud in the sky, providing us with a view of the heavens which rivals that of the 

planetarium.

“I know it’s cold, but I brought the warmest blankets we have, and I set up  space 

heaters,” he says. “Plus I have it on good authority that I’m good at keeping you warm. 

What do you say? Stay and look at the stars or go back to London?”

I snuggle close and kiss his cheek. “We can stay. As long as you protect me from the 

ghosts.”

He kisses my temple. “You’re such a mug.”

“What does that mean?” 

He chuckles. “It definitely doesn’t mean you’re gullible.”

I elbow him in the ribs. “You’re an ass!”

He pulls me back to his side. “But you love me.”

“Yeah, I guess I do.” I lean my head against his chest and close my eyes. “The air 

mattress is going to do a number on your back.”

He runs his thumb along my jaw. “It’s worth it to see that look on your face. Your breath 

hitches a little, then your eyes get big and your smile gets bright.”

“No one’s ever done things like this for me before. All these romantic gestures… it blows 

my mind. You make me feel like the most special girl in the world.”

He gently kisses my lips. “Because you are.”

The sparkle in his eyes makes me want to believe him. “I bet you say that to all the girls.”

He turns his head and closes his eyes. “Are you ever going to believe how much I love 

you? I wish I could make you understand. Since you’ve come into my life, I’ve come alive 

for the first time. The air’s cleaner, the sun’s brighter. It’s like every sense, every nerve 

ending, every molecule in my body is vivified. Everything before you was dull and 

muted, and now my life is a box of Crayolas. The big one with more colors than I 

thought possible. My life is bold and vibrant, all because of you.”

I had that box when I was nine. Every shade of every color I could possibly imagine, with 

silly names that they had to stretch to come up with a 25th word for orange. That box was 

a rainbow, not only of color, but of possibility. I could create anything, and it was a 

glorious feeling. Gavin feels that way about me. He holds me tight and kisses me so 

intensely he almost touches my soul. 

I learn some valuable lessons tonight. One, crayons are the most romantic creation on 

the face of the planet. Two, air mattresses are designed for sleeping only. Other activities 

result in popping said air mattresses and falling quickly to the floor with a thud. Three, 

falling on a slate floor hurts like hell. Four, sometimes sex is so earth-shatteringly good, 

it’s worth it even when you have a bruised tailbone that hurts like hell.





Isabelle Richards spent years as a speech writer before tackling fiction. An avid reader of all genres, Isabelle is drawn to romance novels as they provide an escape from daily life.  Through her complex cast of characters, Isabelle creates a sanctuary for readers to dive into for a break from reality.
When she is not writing, Isabelle works as an advocate for persons with disabilities in Washington, DC. Her two yellow labs are her writing partners, although they frequently sleep on the job. 

Links:

by ShootingStars Reviews 3:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%