Friday, February 27, 2015

Title: Fall Out Girl
Author: L. Duarte
Rating: 

Imagine a social outcast: Me. (Luna)
Imagine a popular boy: Him. (Caleb)
Sound like the characters of a cliché story, right? Here, hold my hand. Come away with me. I’ll tell you my story, and you’ll decide. 
But I have a warning: Proceed at your own risk. Since it’s a snippet of my life, I’m one of the main characters. And to put it lightly, I’m not the most likable person in the world, cue the earned label. Also, unlike fairy tales, my story is real with a dash of sorrow and loss. 
How do I start? Once upon a time…? Shoot me now, please. 
The beginning? No, too boring.
Well, let’s start with the catalytic moment that set in motion a chain of events that changed my life, yet again.
As for a happily ever after? Sorry, no spoilers here. You’re going to have to figure that one out on your own. After you read my tale, it becomes yours, and as such, you’re entitled to your interpretation.
So, off we go! 
Fasten your seat belts. This ride may get bumpy.
AUTHOR’S NOTE: Due to strong language and graphic sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

ARC

Fall Out Girl begins with Luna, being the social outcast badass bad girl, having a "date" with a guy named Andrew right before school. Andrew brings his friend, someone who Luna actually finds attractive, but they broke her rules. So, not only does she show this new guy whose boss, but she leaves quickly. Not long after that she realizes this new guy is actually new to her school. And he wants to go out with her... Things start getting a little strange for Luna, when this popular hot guy just won't leave her alone. And she likes it, though she hates to admit it... These two start a relationship that one could have predicted. And when her cousin starts some drama, and Caleb's dad starts some drama, things starting getting a little crazy for this couple.. 

Let me start by saying the blurb I read for this book did not do it justice. I was actually a little bit confused by it. But do not let that stop you from diving head first into this story. You will not be disappointed once you start reading it. It is not your typically social outcast meets popular guy, oh no, it is much better than that. 

The girl, Luna, is a badass and has a whole lot of demons she's trying to run from. But she doesn't let that stop her from still living. And Caleb, who also has a few issues of his own, knows what he wants and will stop at nothing to have it. These two make a perfect couple. I was rooting for them from the start. Even though there was a little hiccup with their relationship, I still adored them together. 

And this book is more then just a Young Adult Romance. It is so so much more. It's about a young girl whose had a hard life, and how she makes it through the day. We get to see her spread her wings and fly during this story. It was utterly beautiful! I adored this book!! And I highly recommend it!! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 10:02 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%