Saturday, February 7, 2015


My To-Be Read List is a monthly meme hosted by Because Reading is Better Than Real Life!

This is my first time doing this, so I may mess up or forget a few times, but it seems really interesting. Basically the gist of it is for YOU all to pick a book for me to read and review for this month from my TBR shelf. 
Below is three books with some information for you to pick from, and then at the bottom of the page is a place to vote! You have one week to vote, make it count!! :) 

Title: Dirty Rowdy Thing
Series: Wild Seasons #2
Author: Christina Lauren

Despite their rowdy hookups, Harlow and Finn don’t even like each other...which would explain why their marriage lasted only twelve hours. He needs to be in charge and takes whatever he wants. She lives by theWant-something-done? Do-it-yourself mantra. Maybe she’s too similar to the rugged fisherman—or just what he needs.
Title: Burned
Series: Fever #7 (Dani O'Malley #2)
Author: Karen Marie Moning

It’s easy to walk away from lies. Power is another thing. 
 
MacKayla Lane would do anything to save the home she loves. A giftedsidhe-seer, she’s already fought and defeated the deadly Sinsar Dubh—an ancient book of terrible evil—yet its hold on her has never been stronger.
 
When the wall that protected humans from the seductive, insatiable Fae was destroyed on Halloween, long-imprisoned immortals ravaged the planet. Now Dublin is a war zone with factions battling for control. As the city heats up and the ice left by the Hoar Frost King melts, tempers flare, passions run red-hot, and dangerous lines get crossed. Seelie and Unseelie vie for power against nine ancient immortals who have governed Dublin for millennia; a rival band of sidhe-seers invades the city, determined to claim it for their own; Mac’s former protégé and best friend, Dani “Mega” O’Malley, is now her fierce enemy; and even more urgent, Highland druid Christian MacKeltar has been captured by the Crimson Hag and is being driven deeper into Unseelie madness with each passing day. The only one Mac can depend on is the powerful, dangerous immortal Jericho Barrons, but even their fiery bond is tested by betrayal.
 
It’s a world where staying alive is a constant struggle, the line between good and evil is blurred, and every alliance comes at a price. In an epic battle against dark forces, Mac must decide who she can trust, and what her survival is ultimately worth.

Title: Better When He's Bold
Series: Welcome to the Point #2
Author: Jay Crownover

Some men are just better when they're bold.

Welcome to the Point...


In a dark and broken kingdom, a ruler has to be fearless to control the streets and the ruthless people who run them.

Race Hartman is just bold enough, just smart enough, and just lost enough to wear the crown. Places like the Point will always have bad things and bad people, but the man in control of all that badness can minimize the devastation. Race has a plan, but can he prevent total annihilation without destroying himself?

Brysen Carter has always seen her best friend's brother for what he is--too pretty, too smooth, and way too dangerous to touch. Basking in Race's golden glow is very tempting, but Brysen knows she'd eventually get burned.

When she starts receiving threatening texts and someone tries to take her out in parking lot, the only person interested in keeping her safe is the one man she can't allow herself to have.

Sometimes being bold is the only way to stay alive. But can she let Race save her life . . . if it means losing herself to him?

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.
by ShootingStars Reviews 2:30 AM 8 comments

8 comments :

  1. Welcome to the meme, this is so fun! I voted for Burned because... Jericho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the meme! I hope you like it. I voted for Burn well cause just like Berls said..JERICHO! :) I am behind in this series but all this Burned talk has got me wanting to get back in there and read it..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! So glad you are joining us!!! I voted for Burned because I haven't read a book from her yet and I want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for Burned too. I have heard good things about that author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. None are my thing, so I went for the Crownover because I've seen it around a lot lately. Welcome to the meme! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone for your votes!! I'm super excited about this meme! And I've honestly been a little worried about Burned. I've seen some bad reviews for it, and it makes me a wee bit nervous. But if it wins it will get me to read it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're joining this meme, Whitney! It's been a lot of fun. I had to skip it this month since I didn't have time for an extra book on my schedule, but I'll be back next month.

    I voted for Burned since I'm currently *petting* it as I can't crack it open til I finish some review reads. But I've read good things about it. Honestly though, all your choices are books I want to read! :) I hope you enjoy whichever book wins. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to it, Brandee! Thanks for voting!!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%