Friday, February 13, 2015

Title: Beautiful Life
Series: Carpino #2
Author: Brynne Asher
Rating: 

Webster’s defines to heal as “to make healthy, whole or sound; restore to health, free from ailment.” But Webster’s also defines to heal as “to free from evil; cleanse; purify: to heal the soul.” 

My soul is shattered. 

I’m one hell of a mess because I need both and I don’t know how both can possibly happen. Sure, I know my body will heal. I understand the science of healing, it’s my profession. But I sense the ache in my heart and fear in my head will never heal. Can I ever recover from losing an unborn child at the hands of my abusive husband? Will I ever learn to think for myself again? No, I’ve been trained to fear those who are supposed to love me, conditioned to watch my every move and word so as to not suffer the consequences. I don’t think being healed will ever be a possibility for me. 

Or I didn’t until Tony Carpino fixated himself in my life. 

Tony is patient. Determined. He knows exactly what I need even before I do. He’s wants to give me everything, make my life beautiful when my life has always been ugly. But as perfectly determined and patient as he is, I don’t know if I can ever be whole again. It doesn’t matter how long I’ve wanted him…and I’ve wanted Tony Carpino for a long time. 

This is a story of heartache and broken souls. A story of being exactly what the one you love needs when they need it, even if it goes against every being of your nature. Because love isn’t love unless it’s selfless. Can Tony love Leigh enough to heal the demons that haunt her broken soul and have the woman he missed out on years ago? 

This is a love story. 

This is the story of Tony and Leigh. 

ARC
Beautiful Life starts out with Leigh not having such a beautiful life. She just went through the most horrible thing, and now she's living with her best friend Gabby while she gets better. Things start to get a little crazy for her when Tony, Gabby's cousin, and Leigh's high school crush, starts to show major interest in her. He decides he's going to take it really slow with her, but things just heat up awfully fast for them, especially when it seems like someone may be after Leigh, and no one knows why. These two must work hard together, before it is too late. 

This book was really good! I don't think it is exactly as good as the first, but that's mainly because I totally adored Gabby and her man! But this one was still really good. I felt so bad for Leigh, but I also felt like she was doing her best to move on from it. And Tony was a freaking trooper. He stuck by her, and helped when she needed him, I loved that! And he was also a total alpha male. Other then that the story was very interesting, and now I can not wait to read more in this series. Especially Tony's little sisters book, because that chick is the freakin shiz! Kudos to the author for this awesome series!! 


https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/197304f50/

by ShootingStars Reviews 2:30 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%