Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Title: Kaleidoscope Hearts
Author: Claire Contreras
Rating: 

He was my older brother's best friend. 
He was never supposed to be mine. 
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on. 

One of us did. 
One of us left. 

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. 
He broke my heart last time. 
This time he'll obliterate it.

This is a standalone.

The book begins with Elle having to lose a man she loves. Things go from bad to worse when the man who walked away years ago comes back. Now, he doesn't seem to want to take no for an answer, and she's not sure anythings really changed when it comes to him. He's dangerous for her, because she knows if she gives him her heart again she won't ever come back from it again. 

This book was not at all what I was expecting. The story was interesting. But the characters drove me nuts at times. I also sometimes felt like Elle was a little cold. Like it was hard to feel what she was feeling at times. And then Oliver didn't make any sense to me at all. There wasn't ever really all that great of a reason for him being the way he was, and then to say he had changed, and then things with some other girls.. It just didn't make sense to me, and wasn't ever really explained all that well. Other then that though the story was interesting for the most part. And it ended with a very nice HEA! 
by ShootingStars Reviews 1:35 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I don't think I would enjoy that, thanks for the warning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by Red!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%