Sunday, January 11, 2015

Title: Breathing Fire
Series: Heretic Daughters #1
Author: Rebecca K. Lilley
Rating: 

Sometimes a head start has a price...
Jillian and her sister have been on the run for longer than either will ever admit to (a lady never tells her age) but sometimes even the most dedicated fugitives have to stop running, and start fighting. 
I was already having the day from hell when two angry druids stormed into my shop. Druids in my shop was bad. Very bad. Their presence in my place of business was a disaster no matter how you looked at it, but the fact that I knew these two druids in particular was an outright catastrophe. The fact that they happened to hate my guts certainly wasn't going to help matters, though it was hardly surprising. Even druids who didn't know me cursed at the sound of my name...

Breathing Fire begins when Jillian has two druids come into her shop. She knows that her ex has probably found her now, and that she can't run anymore. But she's not yet ready to see him. She left him for a lot of different reasons, and one of them was to help him. But now she knows he hates her, and things couldn't get worse.. Or could they? With the threat of being discovered she must go see him, or things are going to get a whole lot worse. 

This book started out super interesting, and exciting, but then it just went down hill from there. I really did like the main character, and the over all idea of the story. But it felt like I didn't understand a lot of what was really going on, and then it also felt like it was just rushed, or certain things came out of no where and didn't make much sense. I had a really hard time with this book, especially in the end. I do have to say that over all I didn't really like it at all. It just wasn't for me. 
by Whitney Martin 9:47 AM 1 comment

1 comment :

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%