Saturday, December 6, 2014

Title: Inevitable Detour
Series: Inevitability #1
Author: S.R. Grey
Rating: 

The day my life took an inevitable detour things got a little crazy.

My name is Essalin Brant, but everyone calls me Essa. I attend a small college in a tiny town, and in my twenty-two years of life I’ve never even traveled outside the state of Pennsylvania. You could say my life is pretty boring. I live by the rules. I’m a good girl and nothing exciting ever happens. 

But that’s all about to change. 

Enter Farren Shaw. Not only is he older and intimidating, but he’s more sure of himself than any 29-year-old man has a right to be. Did I mention that he’s drop-dead gorgeous? Well, he is. He also happens to be my best friend Haven’s brother. And I would be content with just fantasizing about Farren from afar, but when Haven suddenly goes missing, her gorgeous brother is the only one who believes me when I say she was abducted, even though all signs seem to suggest Haven left town willingly. 

I know better, though. As does Farren. So when he asks me to accompany him to search for his sister, I accept. 

That’s when the real adventure begins. 

Our quest to find Haven takes us across the country. And throughout the time we spend together, I find myself falling for Farren . . . falling hard. He's everything I’ve ever wanted. But is he really someone I should fear? 

Because aside from making me feel things I’ve never felt before, Farren is hiding something. Something big. What could this stunning man be keeping from me? And why? Is Haven’s disappearance somehow connected to his mysterious job? 

All I know is that things are about to get real. 

Welcome to the Inevitable Detour that has become my life.


New Adult/Romantic Suspense
Book one of the Inevitability duology
Expected publication: September 7 2014
**mature themes, strong sexual content, and some dark themes and situations**

This story begins when Essa and her best friend/roommate decide to go out for the night at celebrate their third year of college. Essa isn't the type to take a risk, and after her parents told her no about going with Haven to New York this summer where she would get to meet Haven's brother, who she's had a crush on from afar for so long, Farren. Essa feels a little bit like rebelling a little. So, she and Haven meet some strange guys after getting drunk at the bar, then they take them home with them. Things get really bad after that. Haven seems to be missing, and the only person who will listen to Essa is Haven's brother, Farren. He swoops in and he and Essa go a long way to try to find answers about Haven's disappearance. 

This book was not for me. I didn't really like it at all. I thought the idea of the book was awesome. Especially after reading the blurb, but then the story just took all of these strange turns, and the characters seemed to act one way then a few chapters later they were almost completely different. It was a little bit frustrating. 

May contain spoilers, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! 

Things that really bugged me:
1) It felt more like Essa was on vacation, then looking for her friend who was missing. I mean, seriously ever other thought was almost about sex, or her feelings for Farren.

2)I hated the fact that Farren was secretive. It really didn't make sense to me, because when the secret finally came out, it seemed stupid to keep it a secret from Essa, especially since Farren apparently "loved" her. 

3) I also didn't like the fact that it was implied that Farren did some of those bad things to keep his cover. For some reason it just didn't feel right with his character. 

4) I really didn't like Essa's stupid moments. She even mentioned that she wouldn't ever venture into a dark basement, but oh, wouldn't you know she does... Really?  And then in the end... seriously? She seriously was able to trust people after she and Haven's first mistake with strangers? That made no sense at all to me. 
I could have understood if it was just certain mistakes, but these seemed like mistakes she shouldn't have been making like at all, especially after everything she had all ready gone through. 

So, my over all thoughts, this book had potential. The writing was okay. It was just certain places the plot took us and the characters that really bugged me. I don't see myself reading the next one either. I didn't like this one at all. 
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%