Thursday, December 4, 2014

Title: Arresting Holli
Author: Lissa Matthews
Rating: 

Holiday ‘Holli’ James looks forward to the week between Christmas and New Year’s. This is her one chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of her successful decorating business. The plan this year: a trip to New York City to see all the sights and lights. 

What the plan didn’t include was a side trip to a small town jail in the middle of Pennsylvania. Nor did it include Officer Hunky. 

However... 

Single police officer, Michael, is working the holidays — again. With no local family and no interest in accepting the pity invitations to Christmas dinner from his married friends, he’s content to work and earn extra cash. Besides, this year looks to be as uneventful as every other year. Until he pulls a curvaceous spitfire over for speeding and discovers she’s wanted on charges of fraud. 

As Michael begins to investigate and learns that Holli isn’t who her file says she is, sexual tension spikes between them. Answers are slow in coming due to the holidays, but Michael is soon granted permission to remove Holli from the jail cell and place her under supervised house arrest. 

Only, his idea of house arrest is much more personal than the law ever intended. 

Warning: Gourmet food, melting marshmallows, snowball fights, and handcuffs... What more could a girl want for a New Year's celebration? 

Previously published as Arrested Holiday by Loose Id, LLC

Arresting Holli begins when Holli is on her way to New York for the Holidays, and gets arrested. It's a total misunderstanding, but since it is a holiday, she has to wait till everything opens again before she can leave town. The thing is Holli and the officer who arrested her have some major chemistry going on, and neither one of them seem inclined to deny it. Once she gets out of jail to house arrest the officer offers her his home to stay in for a few days. These two start heating up really quickly, but it may all be a mistake by the end.. 

I really thought this book was going to be pretty good after reading the blurb, and then when I started it I thought it was interesting. But the more I read the more I just wanted to be done with. I didn't feel much of a connection between the hero and heroine, and the plot line got boring and dull at times as well. The only thing that the book had going for it really was the steamy parts. I think it could have been a whole lot better then what it was. And I really hated the ending too. That just didn't make much sense to me, and sort of really made me dislike the book. 

So, over all this book was not for me. I'm not a fan of it at all. I really had hope for it, but by the end it just wasn't for me at all. 
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Ah, too bad. Last year, I read a lot of Lissa Matthews novels/novellas, but I wonder if my tastes might have evolved since then. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! I was disappointed with it, but ah well.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%