Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Title: A Twist Of Heat
Series: H.E.A.T. #2.5
Author: Nicola Claire
Rating: 

This one is from the heart; a thank you to all my readers; a sexy, seriously naughty, delightfully twisted novella about redemption, forgiveness and love. Oh, and it involves a very long chain and a man who knows how to use it. Enjoy! - Nicola Claire 

"I sometimes wonder if life had gone differently would I be a different man? It’s hard to say. I can’t imagine being any other way. I am who I am and I relish it. I breathe the air I want to breathe. I drink the wine I want to drink. I touch the flesh I want to touch. I am in control of my world and no one can tear it asunder."

Ethan Keen lives by a certain set of strict rules. Secrecy and discretion are paramount. And memories must stay locked away in a mental drawer. It makes him hard and uncompromising. It means his role as Superintendent of South Auckland Police is kept clean of all that taints his private life.

It means he hasn't spoken to his daughter in six long years.

And then a new pet arrives. On his doorstep, eyes downcast, face serene. Her grace is exquisite. Her silence a siren call to his soul. Her surrender is his undoing. But also his salvation. For his sweet Haydee he'll break his rules. For his sweet Haydee he'll remember.

Wild passions ignite in a twist of heat that sears them both together. And for Ethan, nothing will ever be the same again.

NB: This delicious erotic companion novella to the H.E.A.T. series is a stand alone story. You do not have to read any of the previous H.E.A.T. books to enjoy this hot & sizzling adventure. However, events in this book take place during A Touch Of Heat and may contain plot spoilers.

Ethan is a Dom who takes what he wants and delivers unending pleasure in the form of controlled release. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!


A Twist of Heat is a short erotic story about Ethan and his new woman. It takes place basically during the second book in the H.E.A.T. series. We get to see a little bit of what makes Ethan tick, and some of his reactions to his daughter Lara as well. This story takes us on a fast journey of love and regret between Ethan and Haydee. Haydee has a past that she wants to let go of, and move on from. So, Ethan seems to be the man to make her forget. These two start of on a journey that is familiar yet so different as well. 

This book was very interesting. I really enjoyed getting to see more of Ethan. I really did hate the way he treated Lara though. I just got so frustrated with him because of it. And I didn't like how fast he fell for Haydee. I wish we had gotten a little bit more in depth of that. But other then that this book was super interesting with lots of intrigue, and drama. Plus a big bonus of naughty times too! :)

by Whitney Martin 10:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%