Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Title: Family Heir
Author: Sara M. Drake
Rating: 

Kelley longed for a normal life – to go to college, to have normal friends, and to work a nice desk job. When an unknown predator starts a killing spree, she finds herself drug back into a world that includes vampires, werewolves, and her ex-husband. Kelley agrees to lead the small team to find the murderer – which consists of one uncommunicative ex-hubbie and an inexperienced federal agent. Only shots in the night prove that Kelley has become a target and her training as a Hunter does nothing to prepare her for being hunted.


Family Heir begins when Kelley is called on a job. This job is big, bigger then anything they've worked so far. But they have a new FBI agent whose going to be in on the Hunt, along with her ex-husband who she still seems to have issues with. It's going to be a race to find the killer before they kill again, and to see if they can survive working together. 

This book was a very unique plot line. But that's about all I liked about it. I really didn't like Kelley at all. I felt she had a lot of issues, and she just wasn't a very likable person. I also hated the relationship between her and her ex-husband. It was utterly ridiculous in my opinion, and I hated it. It really made me dislike the book. So, over all the book just wasn't for me.
by Whitney Martin 10:10 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Hi!

    Thanks for reviewing my book! I appreciate your candid thoughts. Can you tell me more about what you disliked about Kelley and Troy's relationship?

    I'm always eager to learn ways I can improve my writing.

    Thanks so much,

    Sara M. Drake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara!

    Thanks for stopping by! I don't mind saying more about it. SPOILER ALERT**

    I didn't really like the fact that she was "abusive" to Troy. I kind of thought she was awfully mean to him, and I felt he should have stood up to her better. It was kind of frustrating. I mean in a lot of books I read where there is abuse, the man is normally the abuser, or the mom of someone, and they always wind up as the bad guy, or as someone who really can't be forgiven. So, I don't really see Kelley being forgiven. At least not by me, the reader, so that's why I don't really like their relationship, and it was a major turn off of the book. It's just not for me.

    Thanks again for stopping by!

    happy holidays,
    Whitney!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%