Saturday, November 29, 2014

Title: Running on Empty 
Series: Mending Hearts #1
Author: L.B. Simmons
Rating: 

I had the perfect life. 

Beautiful and loving husband.Three gorgeous little girls. 
Successful career. 

The only thing missing was the white picket fence. I really wanted that fence. 

Three years ago, I lost that life. I lost my husband. And I lost myself. But, eventually, I found my way through the darkness. I’ve made peace with my new life. I have my girls, and that’s all that matters. They are my world. I have no illusions of ever falling in love again or getting whisked away on a white horse. 

But then he came back into my life. On a freakin’ motorcycle.

There’s no way I’ll let him turn my life completely upside down. Absolutelyno way. 

The question is…

How long can I keep pretending that I’m happy with my life being right-side up?

Running on Empty begins when Alex is on her way to work and runs out of gas. She had a tough morning with her three little girls, and remembering her dead husband. Now, her day seems to get worse especially when her oldest friend who she hasn't seen in almost twenty years shows up to help her. It seems Alex can't help herself, and lets all her anger and frustration out on him... But then Alex seems to remember what it use to be like between her and Blake, and all of the mistakes she made in the past, and has made now. So, these two start to form a friendship again, but sometimes things aren't as easy as they seem. 

Alex has problems with people helping her, and with getting over her dead husband. And Blake has always been there for Alex no matter what, but sometimes enough is enough... 
These two have a whole lot of issues to work out before they can continue to be friends, or even hope for more. 

When I started reading this book I thought it was actually pretty interesting. Then I learned pretty fast the the heroine was a major bit*ch. I seriously could not stand her at all. Even when I should have felt bad for her, I didn't. She had no sympathy from me. I hated the way she acted, and the way she treated others. I also didn't really care for her friend Harlow either. The only person I liked in the book were the little girls and Blake. 

Other then that though, I did like the plot line for the most part. I think it could have been better if the heroine was a nicer person. 
by Whitney Martin 6:13 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%