Sunday, November 30, 2014

Title: Running in Place
Series: Mending Hearts #2
Author: L.B. Simmons
Rating: 

****NA Contemporary Romance, can be read as a stand alone. Due to theme of Child Abuse, Explicit Language, Mild Violence, and Sexual Situations - Recommend Readers 18+******


Tatum O’Connell:
Some call me a party girl. People see me as happy, full of life, with absolutely no cares in the world. They see what I want them to see. But no one knows me - really knows me. Not even Noah Reese. Mr. Perfect is always watching me, most likely judging every single imperfect thing I do. But, if Noah wants to keep an eye on me, that’s just fine. I definitely don’t mind. I just hope he doesn’t have any plans to save me from my new-found life of self-destruction because in order to save me, he will have to see me…
And I’m never going to let that happen.

Noah Reese:
Perfect. That’s me. That’s the only acceptable way to be, according to my father. Perfect grades. Perfect manners. Perfect athlete. Perfect SAT scores. Perfect college. And recently, I was accepted into the perfect med school. My future has already been mapped out for me and there’s nothing that can change that. Not even Tatum O’Connell. That girl is out of control, yet for some reason, I can’t seem to keep my distance from her. I watch her closely, hoping that one day she’ll let me in, but watching her lead her life down the dangerous path she’s on right now isn’t easy…
I have a feeling I’m about to find myself swept away by the hurricane that is Tatum O’Connell.

Running in Place begins with Tatum's life coming apart. She feels like she has nothing and is utterly alone. She does have a brother, who she can't seem to forgive, and a friend who seems to be at her wits end dealing with Tatum's self destruction.  The thing is, when Tatum meets Noah, it's instantly a hate relationship, until it well, it isn't anymore. 

These two are actually a lot more a like then they realize, and when their attraction start to change their relationship they both know nothing will every be the same. Especially when Noah is leaving for Harvard at the end of the summer. 

This book was very interesting, and a nice easy read. It had a whole lot of drama, and a little bit of sadness as well. I really liked the plot line for the most part, and the characters were easy to understand, and I had a connection with both of them. 
The only thing that bothered me was what happened towards the end of the book. I really didn't understand why they each did what they did. It didn't make sense to me at all. I felt like that could have just been done differently, but other then that I liked the book. 
by Whitney Martin 2:29 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%