Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Title: Liar
Series: The Scarab Beetle #2
Author: C.L. Stone
Rating: 

Worse than a thief, is a liar.

Kayli Winchester can finally let go of her thieving past and for once walk on the right side of the law. She’s had enough of the hustle and is determined to become the good girl.

But her brother, Wil, is still missing. On the hunt for him, she discovers something worse than a missing sibling: Marc, Raven, Axel, Corey and Brandon. These aren’t just scoundrels with hearts of gold. They’re flat out criminals. But they’re criminals who need her.

In a ruse to draw them away from her brother and learn more about this so-called Academy, Kayli joins them on a mission to Florida in search of a missing little girl. Kayli will do anything to make sure her brother is safe. She’ll find their leader. She’ll discover their intentions. She’ll infiltrate their ranks. And if they try to threaten her brother or herself, she’ll burn them all.

But when these five hot Academy teammates all contend for her heart, her resistance starts to crumble.

Maybe she wasn’t meant to be the good girl, anyway.

The second book in the Scarab Beetle series begins with Kayli's brother missing. They don't know where he is or why he left in the first place. And Kayli isn't at all sure what to do. And when Blake comes back into the picture trying to turn Kayli against the Academy and the boys, Kayli decides that she can't trust them and must go on a job with them to understand more about what is going on. Kayli ends up lying to the boys, and she thinks she's being lied to as well, but that may not be the case. 

I really hated Kayli in this one. I felt like she should have sucked it up and said how she really felt instead of keeping secrets and lies and making things worse. Now, I'm not at all sure what could happen in the next one. All I know is I think Kayli messed up majorly in this book, and I'm a little bit frustrated with a few of the boys as well. I did like this one, but I just couldn't believe Kayli acted like that. The plot was good though for the most part! I also wish Blake wouldn't be in the picture anymore, he drives me crazy! 

Now, I need the next book to see what is going to happen next! 
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM 1 comment

1 comment :

  1. Hello! I think your blog posts are fantastic, and I love your blog. I love your questions! I have nominated you for the Blogger's Recognition award. Here is my award post, check it out!.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%