Thursday, November 20, 2014

Title: Keep Me Safe
Series: Slow Burn #1
Author: Maya Banks
Rating: 

When Caleb Devereaux's younger sister is kidnapped, this scion of a powerful and wealthy family turns to an unlikely source for help: a beautiful and sensitive woman with a gift for finding answers others cannot.

While Ramie can connect to victims and locate them by feeling their pain, her ability comes with a price. Every time she uses it, it costs her a piece of herself. Helping the infuriatingly attractive and impatient Caleb successfully find his sister nearly destroys her. Even though his sexual intensity draws her like a magnet, she needs to get as far away from him as she can.

Deeply remorseful for the pain he’s caused, Caleb is determined to make things right. But just when he thinks Ramie's vanished forever, she reappears. She’s in trouble and she needs his help. Now, Caleb will do risk everything to protect her—including his heart.


Keep Me Safe begins when Caleb's sister ends up kidnapped. No one can find her, and they have no leads. So, desperate Caleb sets out to find a famous physic who seemed to vanish. When Ramie, the physic, refuses to help Caleb, he gets angry and forces her to help. He had no idea what it would do to Ramie, and once his sister is found he has to leave her to go be with his sister. But he's determined to come back and help Ramie. The problem is when he comes back she seems to have vanished again without a trace. 
So, he spends a year looking for her with no luck what so ever. Until one night when he gets a phone call from her for help. She's running for her life. 

Ramie is on the run, and has no friends or family to help her out. She remembers Caleb from a year ago, and decides that maybe he will help her since he owes her. He never expected how much he would actually help her, and how close they would become. 

This book was not at all what I was thinking it would be. I really did like the story, and I liked the characters as well. I enjoyed the suspense in the book, and of course the writing was wonderful. 

However, the things I didn't like..
1) I hated the insta-love. That really sort of drove me nuts. I never really felt a connection between Caleb and Ramie and that was a little frustrating. 

2) I hated what happened towards the end that helped the killer out. That drove me nuts as well. I just wish that it hadn't happened to Caleb. 

Other then those two things though, I really enjoyed the book. And I look forward to reading more in this series as well. 
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review. Insta love is a pet hate of mine :-)
    Kirsty xx
    http://www.kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Sometimes I can handle the insta love, but I have to actually "feel" it, and in this one I really didn't.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%