Monday, November 24, 2014

Title: His Secretary: Undone
Series: A Novel Deception #1
Author: Melanie Marchande
Rating: 

I’m about to throw an ashtray at my boss’s head.

Turns out, the mind behind my favorite, steamy romance novels...the ones I only read in private...the ones that are my only escape after a long day of dealing with The Boss From Hell? It’s not Natalie McBride, the sweet, rural housewife.

It’s him.

That’s right: my boss, Adrian Risinger, the thirty-three-year-old, maddeningly sexy, pissant billionaire “bad boy" who thinks he runs my life. He is also the author of all my deepest, most secret fantasies. And to make matters worse, he needs me to impersonate “Natalie” at a series of book signings and conventions. But, of course, that’s only if I want to keep my job. 

On second thought, I’m going to need something heavier than an ashtray.



His Secretary: Undone begins with us getting to see a little bit about the past five years in Meg's life. She has a boss she can't stand, who treats her her pretty crappy. But she won't leave. For several reasons, she won't leave. But when things come a head when he asks her to do something crazy and she agrees things start to get a little bit crazy for both of them.

Especially when the attraction between them seems to ignite, and everything else is going down in flames. 

This book was very good, and super interesting until about 70-80% of the way through. 
I loved the beginning, and the middle. It was all so intriguing and exciting. And the characters were funny, and extremely interesting. But then it hit that part of the book, and I felt so confused and left out. It all sort of felt like things came out of left field, and not in a very good way. I was so lost. I even went back and re read things to see if it would come to me, and it didn't. It was really frustrating. But other then that it was a good book, and I liked it. 

by Whitney Martin 7:16 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%