Wednesday, October 1, 2014


Title: Locke
Series: Corps Security #5
Author: Harper Sloan
Rating: 

Darkness is the only thing I see. Ever since the day my life changed. The day that everything and everyone I held close to me ceased to exist. The day I lost it all and the demons of my past consumed my every waking moment.

I tried to keep others at arm’s length. Tried not to let my darkness taint them. Ruin them. Harm them. And whether I want to admit it or not, as much as I wish I could keep them locked out, they refuse to leave. Refuse to let me suffer alone.

If I hadn’t been so focused on keeping those demons from flying free, I wouldn’t have missed how one perfect angel was able to sneak her way under my skin—refusing to let go. Making me want things I don’t deserve.

She consumes me. Her beauty knows no end. The love she promises tempts me every time she’s near. But that pure heart that makes her MY Emmy is the one thing I’m convinced I’ll destroy if I ever let her close.

I’m a broken man. A broken man with too much darkness in his soul to ever let her light shine upon me. But even that doesn’t stop me from craving her with every single breath in my body.


Locke begins when Maddox finds Emmy working in a strip club that her parents own. And he finds out a whole lot more as well. Determined to bring her back home, but still keep his distance he takes her away from there. Along the way we learn how damaged both Maddox and Emmy really are. They've both had some pretty bad things happen to them in their past, and Emmy is strong enough to try to move on and get past it. Maddox however, is still holding strong to all of it. But Emmy's not going to give up on him until she gets what she wants, or she has no more fight left. 

This book was the end of the Corps Security series, and boy what an end it was! I really enjoyed Maddox and Emmy's story. I however at times really wanted to smack Maddox though because he drove me nuts! Emmy on the other hand was a wonderful heroine. She was very strong considering all of the crap she had been through, and she kept fighting for Mad and putting her heart on the line even though things didn't come out the way she wanted them. 

The only thing that bugged me about the book was I kind felt like it went by too quickly. And skipped some things, even though those things were in the previous books it was still a little frustrating that they weren't explained a little more in this one. 

Other than that this one was really really good! I loved the characters, and the plot line! Then the ending just opened up a whole new series. Well I hope it did anyways, because I really don't want to completely lose the gang from Corps Security! 
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%