Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome to the book blitz for
Let Me In
by Erin McCarthy! 


Let Me In by Erin McCarthy 

(Blurred Lines #3) 
Publication date: September 25th 2014 
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance


A girl in danger…
Aubrey Walsh never dreamed that she would find herself in an abusive relationship, but after her boyfriend hits her so hard he breaks her tooth, she flees the University of Maine to hide on a remote island with her best friend. Only to discover that she is pregnant. Terrified of what will happen if Jared finds out, she is walking along the rocks, deciding her future, when she slips.
A guy with a secret past…

After a job gone wrong, Riker has left the assassin business and is incognito as a ferryboat operator off the shores of Maine. It’s a lonely life, and when he sees a young woman almost fall off the rocks, he doesn’t hesitate to save her and take her in, though he’s determined to stay unemotionally uninvolved. But when the truth about her situation is revealed, he will do anything to protect Aubrey and her unborn child.
Even marry her. Even kill for her.
When Jared comes looking for the only girl who has ever rejected him, Riker won’t allow it. And Aubrey is torn between protecting herself and her child, or protecting the mysterious husband she has come to love.

And when chance brings them together but fate tears them apart, can their love survive the storm?


Excerpt:
“What’s wrong?” Cat asked me, turning towards me as I came into the living room. 

“Nothing,” I lied, putting my hand in my pocket so the stick wouldn’t slide 
down out of my sleeve, where I had tucked it. “I’m going for a walk.” 

So I could cry and rage in private. 

But she didn’t believe me. She knew me too well. 

“Aub, come on. You can tell me. Did you hear from Jared?”

I heard from Jared all the time. I had changed my number, but then he’d 
found me on social media. I’d blocked him, then he’d emailed me. No matter 
what I did, he found a way to track me down. A way to alternate between coaxing 
and cajoling me with pleas for me to come home, vows of love, and scathing 
condemnations on my character. How a man could claim he loved me and turn 
around and call me a dick-sucking whore was something I would never understand. 

Then again, how could a man who loved me knock out my teeth and leave me 
bleeding on the floor?

But this anxiety wasn’t about a communication from Jared. 

It was about what I’d been suspecting but was determined to ignore. 

“I haven’t heard from Jared today. I just want to take a walk. Am I allowed to 
do that?” I sounded bitchy and I knew it, but I needed to get away, to escape. 

Living with Cat and her boyfriend, Heath, for the last month had allowed me 
time to think, feel, heal. I was grateful to both of them for taking me in when I hadn’t 
been able to face my family with the shame of what had been done to me, what I had 
become. I owed Cat everything for hiding me, helping me to feel safe, not pressuring 
me to make decisions, and listening to me when I needed to talk. 

I wasn’t ready to share this yet though. I wasn’t even ready to admit it.



USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.


by Whitney Martin 3:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%