Thursday, October 30, 2014

Welcome to the book blitz for 
Going Down in Flames
by Chris Cannon!


Title: Going Down in Flames
Author: Chris Cannon
Rating: 

If her love life is going down in flames, she might as well spark a revolution.


Finding out on your sixteenth birthday you’re a shape-shifting dragon is tough to swallow. Being hauled off to an elite boarding school is enough to choke on.



Since Bryn is the only crossbreed at the Institute for Excellence, all eyes are on her, but it’s a particular black dragon, Zavien, who catches her attention.



Zavien is tired of the Council’s rules. Segregated clans, being told who to love, and close-minded leaders make freedom of choice almost impossible. The new girl with the striped hair is a breath of fresh air, and with Bryn’s help, they may be able to change the rules.



At the Institute, old grudges, new crushes, and death threats are all part of a normal day for Bryn. She’ll need to learn to control her dragon powers if she wants to make it through her first year at school. But even focusing on staying alive is difficult when you’re falling for someone you can't have.



The book begins when Bryn finds out she's not exactly human, she's a dragon, who will be sent away to school to learn how to control her powers. But it gets worse they have lots of rules and laws, that her parents broke now she's considered an abomination and is fighting to fit in and be accepted. But things take a turn for the worse when her life gets put on the line because someone is coming after her. 

This book was good! I really enjoyed the plot line, and all of the characters. The only thing that bothered me was the end. It didn't really feel like Bryn started anything or anything was really accomplished. I felt like a little more should have been done. But this was a great start to a series, and I look forward to reading more. The main heroine was brave, and very smart. She wasn't afriad to stand up for what she believed was right, and I admired that about her. The main hero on the other had I wasn't so sure about. It seemed he was trying to rebel without actually rebelling and it got a little bit frustrating. 

Other then those things I enjoyed the book, and I hope to read more! This was a very interesting paranormal book. And I just love Dragons! 


Chris Cannon lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and her three dogs, Pete the shitzu who sleeps on her desk while she writes, Molly the ever-shedding yellow lab, and Tyson the sandwich-stealing German Shepherd Beagle. She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures. Going Down In Flames is the first book in Chris Cannon's shape-shifting dragon series.

Twitter: @ccannonauthor
https://www.facebook.com/chriscannonauthor
www.facebook.com/chris.cannonwrites
http://www.chriscannonauthor.com/
http://www.goodreads.com/chriscannon
https://www.pinterest.com/ccannonauthor
by Whitney Martin 3:30 AM 6 comments

6 comments :

  1. Great review, Whitney. I really like the sound of Bryn. I like strong female MCs. And I like dragons, too! ;) I'll have to add this to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! I really did, and the dragon stuff was awesome!! :) Let me know what you think once you read it!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE dragon books; they are my #2 favourite supe after werewolves. I'm a bit leery about the whole school aspect of this story though, but from your review I gather that it actually worked well in this instance. Thanks for sharing, I'm psyched to read this one!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I really loved the aspect of the school and dragons! It went well together in this story. And if you have read any of Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep then you will probably like this series!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to read and review my book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%