Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Title: Citizen 
Series: Citizen Saga #3
Author: Nicola Claire
Rating: 

Have you been a model Citizen today?

The destruction of the Chief Overseers’ Palace was meant to bring about a change. But the streets of Wánměi are just as dangerous and just as falsely perfect as they ever were. Lena Carr, now a confirmed member of the revolution, hides in the shadows of the city-state she adores and works hard to undermine those in a position of authority.

But there are secrets among the Overseers…

The leaders of Wánměi would have you believe that the nation is model. That Wánměi provides all that you need. And many do still believe it. Battling propaganda and brainwashing becomes more insurmountable for the rebels each day.

But one person will never give up on a free Wánměi. Trent Masters has led the rebel army through some tough times, but now he faces the biggest battle of all. Convincing the Citizens of his beloved nation that there is more beyond the invisible, yet impenetrable, walls of Wánměi.

And to do that he needs Lena. Because without the Elite who has captured his heart, as easily as she moves across the rooftops of the city in the dead of a storm shrouded night, he won’t find the key that unlocks it all. But what that key unlocks will be the biggest shock of them all.

Citizen versus Citizen. The battle ends now!



ARC

Citizen begins when Lena and her crew are on another mission to take down Shiloh. This time though things are different. Lena and Trent are on the same side with out the trust issues, however, things may not always be exactly what they seem! They may end up facing their greatest challenge of all when they come face to face with Shiloh, and reveal the truths they have each been seeking. 


This is the final book in the Citizen saga, and what a way to end it! Wow! I really enjoyed this series from beginning to end, and I'm super sad to see it end. However, I feel like the end could lead to a whole different series, or it could just be the end of it. I wonder what the author has in store for us... 


All right so my favorite thing about this book was the relationship between Trent and Lena! I loved getting to see a softer side of each of them, and see them final realize what it was they were feeling. 
These quotes may contain spoilers...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! 


But these are a few things that made me LOVE Trent:


"No matter what the future holds," he whispered, leaning forward and burying his face in my hair at the side of my neck, his body wrapped around mine, heat infusing me, love surrounding me, and making me whole. "I have found my paradise right here. In my arms. In my heart. In my soul."


"You're so full of beautiful promising sunshine." Another deep breath in. "You're my light."


And then these are a few of his thoughts that made me love him as well..

Lena was also a delicate bird, underneath the haughty mannerisms and cutting remarks. Behind the recklessness and adrenaline fuelled hunger, there was a fragile hummingbird desperately in need of escape.

She'd thrown herself out of a window again. I could not f*cking believe it.

My favorite quote from Lena to Trent:

"If I stumble you won't let me fall," I whispered and heard the sharp intake of his surprised breath of air.


This book was very very good! I loved this series, and I loved all three books in the series. The only downside to this book was the end! And part of that was because it ended at all, but the other part was I was a little disappointed it didn't exactly go out with a bang, but that's just me!&nbsp
But other than that this is a must read, and you do not want to miss out on the greatness of Lena and Trent! 


One Wánměi!
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%