Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Title: The Mermaid & The Crocodile
Series: The Kill List #1
Author: Edee M. Fallon
Rating: 

Roberta England has only ever known a life of vengeance. With the death of her father barely behind her and the FBI in her way, she must choose to continue her plan of revenge or leave the only life she has ever known behind. Soon, the hunter becomes the hunted and life as she knows it will change forever, if she is willing to let go of her past for the sake of her future.


The book begins when Roberta's last living family member dies. Well was actually murdered. Now it's time for all of her training to come into action. But Berty isn't so sure what she's suppose to be doing anymore. Her life is different from what she thought it was going to be. And she has a lot of anger and resentment built up from her childhood years, if you could call them that. When she finally gets her plan set in motion she gets blindsided by Eddie. He's not at all like she thought he would be, and she can't help but start to fall for him. But it may be too late for them if she doesn't figure out her path and soon.

This book was so not what I was expecting! It was so much better. I actually hate to say I didn't have very high hopes for this book because the beginning kind of weirded me out a little. But after that I was just sucked into it and couldn't put it down. Berty is an awesome kickass heroine who wasn't really afriad of anything, but she was very lonely. Having lived her life the way her father trained her to she's having a hard time coming to terms with the way everything has turned out. And then Eddie gets put into her path, and not in the way she wanted him to either. Now I loved Eddie when we first saw him! I think he and Berty are so much alike it is uncanny. But I was really sad in the end. I won't say any more about that because I don't want to give it away, but just know it was sad. 

Now I'm really looking forward to the next book! I'm super excited to see what is going to happen next. This was a really good book with a very interesting plot, and engaging characters. I think this was an awesome start to this series! 
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%